tomtom go 910 wont charge help   

tomtom go 910 wont charge help

Postby boxer29 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:58 pm

got this friends tomtom go 910 he didn't use it for over a year and it wont trun up ,
ive replaced the old battery with a new one which started it on ,but not i have checked that it wont charge the battery ,this is my second battery which i have replaced ,on the meter it shows 4.7 v of charge in it ,.
when i put it in the cradle and try to charge it via the power home socket ,the battery light is green but its not moving when it does while its charging .
i have googled it and found some one saying this to be the problem

[B]I just wanted to let forum users know about my experience with Tom Tom and a charging problem I had with my 910. I was extremely skeptical when contacting Tom Tom regarding the fact that my 910 had always had a problem charging. They immediately identified a small rubber grommet which was missing on the back of the unit as the probable cause. Again, being the cynic I am, I suspected this was now a right off as I had read that Tom Tom do not send these parts out. NOT TRUE. I live part time in Spain and the UK office sent a replacement immediately. Great service Tom Tom and thanks to Kevin who organised it all. I am a great believer in praise where praise is due. Andrew - Javea, Spain/B]

[Please Register or Login to download file]

can some one shed some light
i have reseted it after installing the battery by pressing the small pin at the base of tomtom go unit ,but still no luck ,
its now sitting in the chrging dock connected to the home power socket and the green light is on but not charging
any comments
boxer29 offline

Re: tomtom go 910 wont charge help

Postby fredderf » Sat May 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Have you tried a different cable?
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby boxer29 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:43 pm

fredderf wrote:Have you tried a different cable?

sorry the cable is ok as it is connected to the home power socket ,as the green light is turning on ,on the tom tom ,if it was a cabe fault it wont light up the green light ,as the light goes off if i take it out of the cradle or take the wire out
boxer29 offline

Postby Razorblatter » Sat May 28, 2016 5:42 pm

You might need to consider the possibility of mechanical (printed circuit board) failure. I've seen three devices which gave up. Just old age I guess.
I do like the GO 710/910 because they can be upgraded and updated excellently. Even though they are a bit bulky and heavy and the holder's rubber suction cup deteriorates.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom