Tom Tom GO 520 help   

Tom Tom GO 520 help

Postby Snap » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi,

My dad wants me to sort out his 520.

It needs a new battery and updating.

Im planning on getting a new battery from Ebay - are they any good or any other recommendations?

The 520 has an SD card slot, if i put an sd card in, would i put the old navcore and new maps on the card or can i get away with putting the maps on the sd card?

When i plug it into my computer, it doesnt come up as a device on my computer. Is there a special way of getting my computer to recognise it?

Thanks.
Snap offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Snap wrote:Hi,

My dad wants me to sort out his 520.

It needs a new battery and updating.

1. Im planning on getting a new battery from Ebay - are they any good or any other recommendations?

2. The 520 has an SD card slot, if i put an sd card in, would i put the old navcore and new maps on the card or can i get away with putting the maps on the sd card?

3. When i plug it into my computer, it doesnt come up as a device on my computer. Is there a special way of getting my computer to recognise it?

Thanks.

1. A new battery from ebay is not a problem. Look for a reputable seller with a lot of sales, good positive feedback & low negative feedback.
2. You can do it either way. With a navcore & map on the card, it becomes the default System. Map only on the card & the unit uses the internal navcore.
3. Do a 30 second hard reset on the unit.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Snap » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks i'll give it a go :thumbup:
Snap offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom