RDS/TMC decrypted   

Re: RDS/TMC decrypted

Postby poshea » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:49 am

deadbeef wrote:I see that in Australia there are 2 service providers (Here and Suna) if you send me traffic.dat from your map file I can try to prepare file not only for Suna but for Here and Here/Suna combined.
deadbeef

Thanks deadbeef. I'll attach two versions of the traffic.dat file. One is from Australia 960.7056. This is the map I can activate and use. I will also attach the traffic.dat from Australia 960.7084. This is the official mazda maps for the NB1 but cannot be used as no meta to activate at this point.

traffic.dat from Australia 960.7056
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uvra5bp8ylu8lxb/AAB6NRFds-ow0HX5gWzRKkZ1a?dl=0

traffic.dat from Australia 960.7084
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0wdz51sl988rx4e/AADUm2qI5FEB6TtUbT6DZ_GLa?dl=0

Curious if there would be any difference between the SUNA and HERE data... Hard to determine which one would be better...
poshea offline

Postby deadbeef » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi poshea,

At the start both traffic.dat files have same data, so from tmc perspective there is not difference between these maps. I've discovered some rare things:
- mctx.dat from cab file that you pointed to enables traffic only in 3 Australian territories - New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland,
- tomtom map have complete data for 8 territories,
- both providers use same location tables for each territory but with other service id (Suna=1, Here=7),

So I've prepared 3 files (zip is here [Please Register or Login to download file] )
full_suna.dat - suna traffic with enabled all 8 territories
full_here.dat - here traffic with enabled all 8 territories
full_suna_here.dat - suna and here traffic combined with enabled all territories

all best
deadbeef
deadbeef offline

Postby poshea » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:09 am

thanks deadbeef! looking forward to trying your files. as i mentioned, for the NB1 dash system on the MAZDA, the mctx.dat resides within the navcore on its internal memory. so the only way to replace it is unarchive multiple files within the ttsystem file, replace mctx.dat and then appropriately rearchive so that the modified navcore can be installed on the NB1's internal memory (by placing ttsystem on the cars SDCARD and installing to cars internal memory).

i was not savvy enough with linux to do this myself, so a kind member of another forum did it for me! i will have to have another look at it to see if i can do myself so i can try your files.

i am assuming that the car can only tune to one RDSTMC channel at a time, so the joint file (SUNA+HERE) would use which ever service it finds a valid station for first?
poshea offline

Postby deadbeef » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:06 pm

poshea wrote:i was not savvy enough with linux to do this myself, so a kind member of another forum did it for me! i will have to have another look at it to see if i can do myself so i can try your files.

Good luck with Linux :).

poshea wrote:i am assuming that the car can only tune to one RDSTMC channel at a time, so the joint file (SUNA+HERE) would use which ever service it finds a valid station for first?

Yes, any known by me receiver can tune only to one station, probably at first time, if both service providers are available in your area receiver tune to first fine signal. In tomtom devices in advanced traffic settings is option to enter frequency manually - that's the way to choose provider if you have both providers available. In this case you need to know which station carry which service provider.

all best
deadbeef
deadbeef offline

Postby gigxy » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:20 pm

in my go 950 live i ve got also a mctx.dat file, and i receve tmc/rds in france, what will i have more with your file ?
THX
gigxy offline

Postby deadbeef » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:15 am

I guess that you have one provider available (I guess that is ViaMichelin), with files from first post you can have access to other providers (vtraffic in France) - you can choose which one is better for you.
deadbeef offline

Postby Pyro2677 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:56 am

deadbeef wrote:Hi poshea,

At the start both traffic.dat files have same data, so from tmc perspective there is not difference between these maps. I've discovered some rare things:
- mctx.dat from cab file that you pointed to enables traffic only in 3 Australian territories - New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland,
- tomtom map have complete data for 8 territories,
- both providers use same location tables for each territory but with other service id (Suna=1, Here=7),

So I've prepared 3 files (zip is here http://www91.zippyshare.com/v/UFHRwjbE/file.html )
full_suna.dat - suna traffic with enabled all 8 territories
full_here.dat - here traffic with enabled all 8 territories
full_suna_here.dat - suna and here traffic combined with enabled all territories

all best
deadbeef

Hey DeadBeef, do you still have these files the link doesn't work anymore? I'm also in Australia (Queensland) and have the NB1 in a Mazda and would really like the traffic please.
Pyro2677 offline

Postby Charc5 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:06 am

In Slovakia there are two traffic providers. Free public service is transmitting on Slovak National Radio. Private service is exclusivelly offered for Garmin navigation owners and its transmitted on network of commercial Fun Radio. I can tune only to free public service. If needed some help or experiments with the other service, I am open for any experiments.
Charc5 offline

Postby enes2009 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:31 am

Hi I have told you about your (URmctx.dat) I can do the process illustrated the hugest tell
enes2009 offline

Postby blacklink » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 am

Any progress on TX02 file format of mctx.dat?
blacklink offline

Postby kaleraby » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi deadbeef,
please what else do u need to provide mctx.dat for Slovakia?
I have the same unit as poshea , the Mazda NB1 unit, so plain, or "normal" format used.
Could you prepare mctx.dat file with information from Charc5 (http://www.navitotal.com/general-discussions-about-tomtom-f81/rds-tmc-decrypted-t18251-15.html#p151751) ?
Thank you for any info regarding this.
BR.
k.

deadbeef wrote:
rich6969nffc wrote:like your style no rds signal in southern county please help :thumbdown:

Hamish and Rich6969nffc - probably problem is not with signal availability but with your hardware reception. ITIS is broadcasted by Classic FM (I don't know for sure which station transmit TrafficMaster). You can see here http://www.fmscan.org/net.php?r=f&m=m&itu=G&pxf=Classic+FM coverage is quite good. You can check this easilly - try to tune in your car audio to Classic FM and if you be able to hear station with no problem and if your car radio show rds without problems - so you are in range. As I wrote in 3rd post - coaxial connector antenna ( like this http://www.jouwsites.nl/image/illus_deinnavi/710.jpg ) have horrible reception. About 3rd service provider - it's TrafficNav, but TT map have location table but signal isn't broadcasted via air.

all best
deadbeef
kaleraby offline

Postby NickJH » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi,
I realise this thread is a little old, but I have a Mazda NB1 in the UK and I don't seem to be able to receive TMC. I've tried auto tuning and manually tuning to the local Classic FM but get nothing. I've left the auto tuning running for 20min but it just keeps searching.
I am wondering if the mctx.dat file does not allow me to receive it. I've extracted the file from the navcore (using 7-zip) but I've no idea which app I need to read it. It seems to be some sort of binary file but is only 188 bytes in size. Even if I can read it, I don't know what I am looking for.
Am I barking up the wrong tree or can anyone help?
TIA,
Nick
NickJH offline

Postby hobbitdev » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi Nick,

I have an Maxda6 NB1 device in the UK - and too was massivley dissapointed when the onboard over priced sat nav refused to show RDS TMC data that my old £80 tomtom dash mount would. After spending hours like you probably have tuning / resetting / updating the NB1 - talking to the dealer and the UK helplines - finally they admitted that Mazda have not purchased a license for the RDS TMC information - and neither can you (even though you can buy a RDS TMC receiver from amazon for about £15 you can't connect this in anyway).
However - the uk_trafficmaster.dat file posted into this thread DOES enable major road traffic information - not as detailed / local information as my old 'stick on' tomtom - but enough to inform you of any major route problems.
I believe ITIS is the 'premium' supplier of traffic information in the UK - but I dont know how to enable that - I'd love to - perhaps deadbeef can help here !? :) (please please!)

I'm a linux sys admin - the procedure for 'injecting' the file is fiddly - but I'll put it on here step by step if I can get an ITIS enabler '.dat' ?

Cheers
hobbitdev offline

Postby NickJH » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi hobbitdev,

Thanks for the message. Do you have a copy of the uk_trafficmaster.dat file? The Polish link gives file no longer found and the zippyshare link makes the browser go wild.

BTW I also run a Linux server (ClearOS) and dabble a bit with other distros - mainly Porteus. I'd have to refresh myself but I did research the file structure in October, and I'm sure I can get to the file.

Nick
NickJH offline

Postby hobbitdev » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:35 pm

Sure:
The UK traffic master file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ix13vqqu728tn32/uk_trafficmaster.dat?dl=0

The zip of the lot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iljtao61k1y1jg5/tmc_collection.zip?dl=0

I'll leave these links available for a week or two and then remove. Anyone wanting them once they expire re-post into this thread.
I bookmarked this site ( http://www.preshweb.co.uk/2010/04/resizing-ext23-filesystem-in-loop-file/ ) when creating my updated tomtom file if that helps anyone.
hobbitdev offline

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about TomTom