A question about adding another country map   

A question about adding another country map

Postby cpg » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:00 am

My Tomtom XL has a perfectly working New Zealand map downloaded from Navitotal late last year, map 900_4602.

I'm off to the USA soon and searched the Navitotal archive for the North America map 900_4602 so there would be no Navcore issues.

I removed all files, keeping the ttgo.bif and ttsystem files, and ran the North America download with auto patcher and installer.

However, when I switched on the XL it just sits at the TomTom logo boot menu. I removed the North America install, apart from the map folder, and copied back the New Zealand install. It boots up as usual to the NZ map, but no North America map option.

What am I doing wrong? I would be grateful for any advice.
cpg offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 pm

cpg wrote:1. My Tomtom XL has a perfectly working New Zealand map downloaded from Navitotal late last year, map 900_4602.
2. I'm off to the USA soon and searched the Navitotal archive for the North America map 900_4602 so there would be no Navcore issues.
3. I removed all files, keeping the ttgo.bif and ttsystem files, and ran the North America download with auto patcher and installer.
4.However, when I switched on the XL it just sits at the TomTom logo boot menu. I removed the North America install, apart from the map folder, and copied back the New Zealand install. It boots up as usual to the NZ map, but no North America map option.
5. What am I doing wrong? I would be grateful for any advice.

1. OK
2. A 900.4602 map is the full featured version. This tells us that your navcore is 9.02X or higher, & you won't have any navcore issues with any map that you choose. If you don't need Canada coverage, I suggest you use United_States_2GB_910_4892.
3. For a map update only & no storage memory issues, all you have to do is copy the new map folder into the storage memory & patch it. If storage memory is an issue, remove the old map folder & copy in the new map folder & patch it.
4. See point 3.
5. See point 3.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cpg » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks Tendriver. I've downloaded the suggested USA map and will try what you suggested. I have to leave town in an hour, for a week, and will report back then when I get home. Thanks again for such a detailed reply.
cpg offline

Postby cpg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:32 am

Hi Tendriver

Thanks again for your advice, it all worked perfectly. I copied in the North American map folder 910.4892, ran the Fast Activate program (25 June version) from within the US map folder, selected option 2 ("Patch maps voices speed cams) and all looks good when i boot up. Guess I'll find out for sure when I get to the USA next week! There was still just enough disc space left to leave the NZ map intact, and I can switch between the two, although of course in NZ the USA map has nothng to show, but all the US States, etc, are searchable.

When I get home in the weekend I'll be making another donation - just my way of saying thanks. You helped me 18 months ago and I donated then, so it is only proper that those on this forum who benefit from your advice recognise your help in practical and meaningful way. Thanks again Tendriver.
cpg offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:54 pm

cpg wrote:I can switch between the two, although of course in NZ the USA map has nothng to show

Thanx for the update about your success. Actually the USA map has quite a bit to show, even with you in NZ. Switch to the USA map & go to Browse Map. Zoom all of the way out, then side scroll eastwardly to North America & zoom back in. You set up the map like you want it, such as POIs, speed cams etc, so you don't waste time setting it up when you get there. You can build an A-B Route & run a Demo of it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom