POI collections   

POI collections

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:30 am

I thought it might be usefull for some people so I put all my Australian POIs in one archive.
It is all included from A to Z, plus some custom POI's for the boat ramps in Victoria and the dreaded Hook turns in the Melbounre CBD.
When adding POI's keep in mind to deactivate all but the ones you need to show up on the map screen - too many and your device will slow down.
You can still use them for navigation as normal.

A good source to start you own collection is [Please Register or Login to download file] , they offer POI's for most systems and countries and the service is free.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby TravisC » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:13 pm

This link doesn't work...
TravisC offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:21 am

If you mean the attachment, than I'm sorry, no idea what happened to it.
Be patient and I will upload my current files with a few more categories tonight, than you don't have to search the whole internet for it.
Edit: re-uploaded the Australian POI's, these are some of the included categories:
The major banks and their ATM's, Shopping centers, public toilets, postcodes, major department stores, Aldi, Bus lanes, Hook turns for the Mel. CBD, UHF repeaters, caravan parks, tourist locations and much more.
Some are not really up to date but to my knowledge there are no sources for newer versions, you might have to check yourself if something is missing.
And again: keep in mind to deselect the POI's you don't really need on the map, my POI's collection contains too many categories so it will slow down your device if they all show up.
You can use the postcodes for navigation too, but I never used it that way.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby TravisC » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:44 am

Thanks for that downunder!
TravisC offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom