Out of the Box XXL 550 - what next ??   

Out of the Box XXL 550 - what next ??

Postby qt11 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi guys,

A XXL 550 has just landed on my doorstep and i'm now looking to update it to the latest maps...

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom XXL IQ Routes Edition
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XXL IQ Routes
BootLoaderVersion=55279
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9161
ApplicationVersion=576155.2
CurrentMap=USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P
CurrentMapVersion=850.2784
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...
I've got as far as figuring out that i need either maps :

North America P - 875.3669
North America 2GB - 875.3669

with the auto installer....

however......

1. Do I need to load a patched navcore ? If so, which one ?
  2. Does the auto installer remove the old map before it loads the new map. The XXL 550 only has 2GB, do i need to remove the old map manually first, and if so what files constitute the map..... what needs to be removed, what needs to be left in place ?
Thank you for the guidance

Cheers
A
qt11 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:49 pm

qt11 wrote:1. I've got as far as figuring out that i need either maps : North America P - 875.3669 North America 2GB - 875.3669 with the auto installer.... however......
2. Do I need to load a patched navcore ? If so, which one ?
3. Does the auto installer remove the old map before it loads the new map.
4. The XXL 550 only has 2GB, do i need to remove the old map manually first, and if so what files constitute the map..... what needs to be removed, what needs to be left in place ?

1. If you don't need Canada, as I don't, you might want to use US 2GB 875.3613, as I do.
2. Keep 9.161. You can patch it yourself or use the 2 pre-patched files linked below.
3. No, you must manually remove the entire old map folder.
4. Yes, see answer 3.

Pre-patched files: [Please Register or Login to download file]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby qt11 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:57 pm

awesome, thank you.....

:)

with the nav core link, just replace what is already on the XXL, no fancy stuff required ?
qt11 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:17 pm

qt11 wrote:awesome, thank you.....

with the nav core link, just replace what is already on the XXL, no fancy stuff required ?

The link contains a pre-patched ttsystem file & a pre-patched PNDNavigator file. Copy both of them into the root of your unit. The current ttsystem file be overwritten. There isn't a PNDNavigator in the root, so the pre-patched one will be a new addition.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby qt11 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:38 pm

both files were already on the device so i over wrote them..... on reboot the XXL 550 stuck on the boot logo screen and had to be forcibly turned off....

i had a backup of the two files which were copied back so all is good again....

The ttsystem file is causing the issue, i can boot with the patched PNDNavigator, however not with ttsystem on the device.

Is there another way to patch the ttsystem & PNDNavigator ??

Cheers
A
qt11 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:36 pm

qt11 wrote:
The ttsystem file is causing the issue, i can boot with the patched PNDNavigator, however not with ttsystem on the device.

If it is booting & running normally with just the PNDNav. file, then go with it like that.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby qt11 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:04 am

:(

so i copied over the new map US 2GB 875.3613, the version with the installer, ran the installer which placed the map on the XXL 550. Booting with the original ttsystem and patched PNDNavigator, however now seeing

"problem with map... you cannot use this map on this device : North_America_2GB-386"

have i missed something along the way ??

Any help will be gratefully received !!

A
qt11 offline

Postby qt11 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:12 am

ah ha !!

Okay, so here's how i fixed it....

Am running with the original ttsystem, however a patched PNDNavigator from tendriver's link above.... THANK YOU !!! :)

i downloaded the map tendriver suggested, the version with the installer..... removed the original map from the XXL, ran the installer which installed the new map...

rebooted the XXL 550, however got the "problem with map" error immediately on start up....

So, with the XXL plugged in and mounted to the PC, i then ran the FastActivate, downloaded the new meta when prompted and then selected the apply patch.... and it's now working !!

Hope this helps someone with the same set up and issues as me....

TomTom wanted $80 to upgrade my XXL 550 to the latest map, that's more than I paid for the GPS.... there's $20 on the way for a donation... thank you !!

tendriver, thank you for all your help, it really is appreciated, you patience and willingness to share your knowledge is outstanding !!

qt11 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:12 am

qt11 wrote:TomTom wanted $80 to upgrade my XXL 550 to the latest map, that's more than I paid for the GPS.... there's $20 on the way for a donation... thank you !!
tendriver, thank you for all your help, it really is appreciated, you patience and willingness to share your knowledge is outstanding !!

The Navitotal Team sez, "Thanx for the donation. It is greatly appreciated".

tendriver sez, "You are Welcome. Enjoy".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom