Navigation and SW recommendations?   

Navigation and SW recommendations?

Postby Martyn6 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:19 am

Hi guys i need complete navigation solution for trucks running across the Europe..
Need proper navi which do best routes calculations, possibility to check payed / unpayed routes, avoiding several countries, have live traffic information - accidents, crashs, close roads atc (!) etc..
But what i would love to most - prepare the routes on computer (preferably on google maps) and then send it online to GPS - is that even possible?
Also would be very nice if the fuel prizes function is present..
Navi should be offline, just online for recieving routes..
Tried some chinees tablet with igo - do not work very well, would better stick with tomtom which works better for me..

Many thanks for any infos! Martin.
Martyn6 offline

Re: Navigation and SW recommendations?

Postby holyhead » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:01 am

TRUCKER 6000 LIFETIME EDITION
[Please Register or Login to download file]
=============================
Garmin Dezl

You know what you need and not some one else. So hopefully you vind what you want.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Martyn6 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:35 pm

Yes yes i ´ve quickly checked tt6100 and it does looks great! Exactly what i need:) maybe will be better for me cause i do not actually really need "trucker" version for vans, and it does have lifetime internet connection and traffic info, while trucker has this features only for one year?
Have to take proper look for it tommorow, anyone use 6100 and sending routes from pc? And i have seen some opinions that 6100 is not really fast to work it and it got stuck from time to time - maybe the garnin might be better in this? Does the garmin have lifetime internet connection, route sending from pc and traffic info like TT?
Martyn6 offline

Postby fredderf » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:55 pm

I've never used them myself but would creating an itinerary/gps exchange format file (.itn or .gpx) be what you're looking for?

fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby Martyn6 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:45 pm

Probably, to be honest do not know which fileformat it uses to share the routes..
But the mydrive is exactly what i'm looking for, plan the route and then send to 6100 device.
Only (but really serious for me) problem is that on mydrive planner i can not find any option to avoid toll roads??:(
Martyn6 offline

Postby holyhead » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Martyn6 wrote:Probably, to be honest do not know which fileformat it uses to share the routes..
But the mydrive is exactly what i'm looking for, plan the route and then send to 6100 device.
Only (but really serious for me) problem is that on mydrive planner i can not find any option to avoid toll roads??:(

GPX file
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom