Navcore patching question   

Navcore patching question

Postby maxim745 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:35 pm

I have a TomTom one 3rd edition (1G) and am figuring out how to update the maps. The tutorial "What's the best navcore for my device?" suggested I use the official TomTom one, so I update it via TomTom Home (it was already current). According to the tutorial "3 steps to map heaven", I will now need to patch the navcore:

Each navcore will need to be patched to recognise your patched map(s)

2a) If you use a map which is compatible with the correct & current navcore then you can use one of the cracking/patching tools to create/overwrite the ttsystem file in the root of your SD card or internal memory.

Remember, if you change the navcore or update it through TTHome then you will need to patch that new navcore as above.

Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out which of the tools is appropriate for that. Maps need to be activated as well, and I'm having trouble distinguishing between the various tools and want to make sure I do it properly. I was wondering if the phrasing is confusing me and that activating the map is in fact patching the navcore? Or are they actually two separate steps?

Thanks for any tips, and I apologize for my newbie-ness. Here is my TomTom's information if that helps:

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v6)
BootLoaderVersion=55001
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=USA_and_Canada
CurrentMapVersion=715.1712
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...

Is there a overall dummy's guide I've somehow missed? I didn't see one amongst the tutorials and had to piece it together from several. Thanks again.
maxim745 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:51 pm

maxim745 wrote:1. I have a TomTom one 3rd edition (1G) and am figuring out how to update the maps. The tutorial "What's the best navcore for my device?" suggested I use the official TomTom one, so I update it via TomTom Home (it was already current). According to the tutorial "3 steps to map heaven", I will now need to patch the navcore:

2. Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out which of the tools is appropriate for that. Maps need to be activated as well, and I'm having trouble distinguishing between the various tools and want to make sure I do it properly. I was wondering if the phrasing is confusing me and that activating the map is in fact patching the navcore? Or are they actually two separate steps?

Thanks for any tips, and I apologize for my newbie-ness. Here is my TomTom's information if that helps:

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v6)
BootLoaderVersion=55001
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=USA_and_Canada
CurrentMapVersion=715.1712
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...

Is there a overall dummy's guide I've somehow missed? I didn't see one amongst the tutorials and had to piece it together from several. Thanks again.

1. I wouldn't pay to much attention to either of those threads. They are 3rd party, not Official Navitotal.
2. Did you see the TomTom Tools thread? FastActivate 24.11.2011 {1.8.8.0} is our recommended tool. Read the instructions & select the Premium version.
The navcore is your Operating System, like Windows. The navcore & map are patched by the same tool, but in different steps.

3. Guide for Dummies:
a. Download new map & patching tool.
b. Remove old map folder.
c. Copy in new map folder
d. Copy the patching tool to the root of your device & run it. When it opens, click all 4 buttons, 1 at a time, from left to right.
e. Disconnect & reboot.
DONE!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby maxim745 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:54 am

Thanks a lot! It worked smoothly, save for the 4th button, which yielded the following error message:

TomTom HOME Profile DLL Not Found

It seems to work fine, however, including saving all my favorites when I copied the MapSettings.cfg file over. The speed limits are still unknown on many of the roads in the new maps (880.3868), causing it to assume 30 mph and avoid state highways like the plague (often yielding poor route suggestions), but that's not too surprising since I live in the middle of nowhere. At least there will be fewer missing streets now. Thanks again.
maxim745 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 am

maxim745 wrote:Thanks a lot! It worked smoothly, save for the 4th button, which yielded the following error message:

TomTom HOME Profile DLL Not Found

It seems to work fine, however, including saving all my favorites when I copied the MapSettings.cfg file over. The speed limits are still unknown on many of the roads in the new maps (880.3868), causing it to assume 30 mph and avoid state highways like the plague (often yielding poor route suggestions), but that's not too surprising since I live in the middle of nowhere. At least there will be fewer missing streets now. Thanks again.

Do you ever use TT Home "Operate my device"?? If not, don't worry about the 4th button error message.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby maxim745 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:53 pm

I have yet to do so.
maxim745 offline

Postby maxim745 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Getting it working was pretty self explanatory: download the required file with TomTom Home, then run FastActivate to get it to work with the new map. Thanks again for all your help.
maxim745 offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom