Navcore 9.401 Fan Edition, works on 32mb models too   

Navcore 9.401 Fan Edition, works on 32mb models too

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Some of you already had a Navcore that I presented on the TT.
I assume that you liked my work if you had :)

I think the 9.4xx is so far the best NC I tested on my TT and since I'm always trying to help my fans it time
to give a little "present". :)
You get all the usual that my NC's offer like:
Low memory usage
Support for many devices
Free of errors ;)
and of course the emulation chenge from the menu.
Only for the 9.4xx NC's : full support for the cphoneme.dat so that now most of the pronounciation problems should be a thing of the past.

The NC is patched, so you don't have to do it.
FastActivate is included in the root so that you can simply add a new map and activate it.
To change the emulation:
Go to the last page of the menu,
click on "Skin Chooser",
do the calibration carefully,
by default the NC uses no emu and starts like it would be made for it,
available emulations are: 18=X20, 24=X40, 25=X30, 37=X50

Spoiler: Show
Known limitations:]
Since the NC is designed for 64mb devices, and I have no 32mb device to test,
I could not tell if it works on a low end model - but you can try anyway.
If your device is not supported than it won't boot and hang - since this can happen from a faulty
installation too you should follow the installation instructions carefully and from 1 to 9!
Voice control only works in X40 and X50
Day/Night change by sensor only in X30 :( in other emulations it changes by time and/or you can use the voice commands for it.
If you don't like the spelling of certain roads, e.g.: "State Route" is pronounced "S-T-A-T-E Route" disable road numbers in the voice preferences.

Added extras:]
You will notice ;)

Installation - Please read completely before starting and follow it to the dot!]
1. Make a full backup using Windows Explorer and not Home!!
2. Check your backup ;)
3. Delete the following:
All folders except your map folder, the folder "voices", "LoquendoTTS" and "sounds".
All files in the root of your TT/SD except the following:
ttgo.bif and settings.dat
4. Unpack the archive to the root of your TT/SD, confirm to overwrite - all folders will be created for you.
5. If your map is not activated yet use FastActivate in the root, click the first 3 buttons, beginning from the left.
Keep in mind that not all maps have meta codes yet, so check before you install a new map!
6. Disconnect from the PC
7. Start your TT
8. Enjoy ;)
9. Passwort for all: downunder

Download]
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Update: It was reported that this version works fine on a ONE V1 and gives about 8mb of free RAM.
So please go ahead and check it out on other 32mb devices !
Note: It is reported that on some devices the skin chooser is missing. This is no fault, it only indicates that no other emulation will work for your device, so don't panic ;)
TMC won't work with this NC, at least not with a RDSTMC receiver, the support was discontiued by TT.

[spoiler]Update2 (for the people that don't like my voice mods or want to change them]
Since I got more and more complaints about my mods I could just say: Stuff it and dont use my download.
But I decided to do otherwise...
All relevant data is inside the file defaultEnglishGb.lex
Search for the lines containing the changes in ragards to the standard outputs that are being replaced by the content of this file.
Be aware that words inside this file will always be replaced and not just for instructions. Only the output for reading a SMS is handled by a different file but I could never test it as SMS reading is not supported for my phone :(
Last edited by Downunder35m on Fri May 01, 2015 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Download link fixed
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby bigbloke » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Password please?
bigbloke offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:46 pm

bigbloke wrote:Password please?

Check point 9 of the installation instructions :crazy:
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bigbloke » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:01 pm

I stopped reading at enjoy. Thanks
bigbloke offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Reading a posting completely, especially if it contains instructions, not only helps avoiding stupid questions but also helps the poster to avoid getting mad about ignorant users ;)
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby win2kpro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:41 am

Thanks, will try to Go 710. Any other links please? impossible to download from that link, full of spam.
win2kpro offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:57 am

win2kpro wrote:Thanks, will try to Go 710. Any other links please? impossible to download from that link, full of spam.

Please explain "impossible to download from that link, full of spam". I downloaded this navcore earlier with no problem.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:02 am

If you don't the links I suggest to use the official CAB from TT and to patch yourself.
I'm uploading the files so a user can download them but I'm not providing a list of hosts to the liking of each individual user.
It is free so please stop complaining and use Jdownloader if you can handle a download site from a file hoster ;)
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby ndmmcc » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:52 am

Initial testing seams good, if I wanted a male voice (previously used Simon) what version of Liquendo or voice is required. Have tried to add other voices but none work.
ndmmcc offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:21 pm

All voices offered by Home should work fine, otherwise download the V7 voice of your choice in the forum.
Simon should work fine, however it might be required that you use the patched libraries.
Either way put on Simon on first (or leave your whole Loquendo foler on the device) and than overwrite with my files.
If you already installed him try the Loquendo patch supllied with the V7 voices.
My files only affect the TTS engine, not the voices itself apart from the fact that I made the volume for the female voices much louder.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby imaswine » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Another good update so thanks for your efforts. I do have a small problem though as none of my voices will work on my TomTom 530 although they were working with your patched 9400 version. Neither the computer voices or the 'paid for voices' such as Bugs Bunny or Homer Simpson are working.
imaswine offline

Postby RJ45 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Runs VERY smooth on my 32MB ONE V1 (2005) :thumbup:

- 8MB RAM free.
- just 1 voice installed (none TTS)
- splashsw (of course) doesn't function.

Hard to believe this actually works!
must be the newest navcore on the oldest device.

Just curious about this file in the root: "suicide.dat" ?
Skin chooser icon is not visibe.

Must take it for a testdrive quick.

Nice work!:)
RJ45 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:27 am

@imaswine: For the paid voices check if you have a .dct file for each voice or use the whole folder voices from a working backup.
My Loquendo files are already fully patched, if you overwrite them with an original voice from a TT CAB file they will stop working on some devices.
Please follow the installation instructions carefully and it will work.
Use a fully working backup for the contents of the voices folder and the LoquendoTTS folder, than overwrite with my files and all should work fine.

@RJ45: Thanks for trying it out and reporting your results, I will update the first page accordingly.
Do you actually use the Loquendo voices or standard voices as I can't really believe you would have 8mb with computer voices and an active route.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby LeCarpiste » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:31 am

Hello, I agree about RJ45 on memory and the functioning of an old GPS. (Tomtom One V1 - 2005)

I used a 9103 version that works very well.
My problem: I do not have this version in 9401, the icon "skin chooser". Why?
So I'm not a very pretty presentation compared to my 9103 version!

What should I do?

Otherwise, great job and thank you again!
LeCarpiste offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:14 am

If you use my version of the 9.401 than it has detected that your device is actually not capable of using the emulations and blocks them out to prevent the device from hanging at the bootsequence.
So if all is working but the "Skin Chooser" is missing on a 32mb device it is normal.
That is why I was surprised that it worked in the first place, if TT would not at least intent to make a similar NC for the old 32mb models your TT would not start or constantly reboot with this NC.
I think it is a pretty good thing considering that most other V9 NC use much more memory on a 32mb device.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom