Navcore 9.401 Fan Edition, works on 32mb models too   

Postby tendriver » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:46 pm

cieranc wrote:Getting really frustrated with this now, I know the file's there somewhere

May I suggest Navcore 9.450 with memory boost for 32mb devices and integrated GPSFix
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Aye thanks TenDriver, it's 9.450 I'm trying to download, along with 890.4222 map as advised by DownUnder in post 70.
I can't get the map either, same problem with FF.
Premium membership runs out tomorrow.
cieranc offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:57 pm

cieranc wrote:Aye thanks TenDriver, it's 9.450 I'm trying to download, along with 890.4222 map as advised by DownUnder in post 70.
I can't get the map either, same problem with FF.
Premium membership runs out tomorrow.

Here's the navcore: [Please Register or Login to download file]

Can't help with the map.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tomtomtoyotaaygo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Downunder35m wrote:Freezing is often a sign of residue from a previous installation.
I suggest you try it again on a clean empty device and if adding a new map leave the old one on the device if possible.
That way you start with the old working map and eliminate another source of failure, switch the map once working and after that the old map can be deleted.
You can copy your old voices older back on your device to get the greek voices back.

Thank you very very much for all your efforts and time spent Downunder35m :D. Your contributions are invaluable.

Also, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Unfortunately, I have tried the solution you proposed and the same result. From the start, I have followed your 9 installation steps in your first post.

Just in case I misunderstood any of those steps:

1. I tried following the steps you outline in the first post especially this part
"All folders except your map folder, the folder "voices", "LoquendoTTS" and "sounds".
All files in the root of your TT/SD except the following:
ttgo.bif and settings.dat "

I tried leaving the aforementioned files/folder on TomTom's main memory or leaving them on SD with TomTom's main memory emptied and in both cases it does not boot.

2. Then, I tried erasing the main memory of TomTom and copying your files to it without using the SD card and it does not boot which is expected since I saw in the skins.sh script the path for memory card /mnt/sdcard/skins/reskin.

3. Then I restored the original backup (all the files, not only the files/folder you mention in your instructions) to the main memory of TomTom and copied all your files to the SD. This is the way it finally started and after reboot I was able to fastactivate the newer map. Unfortunately I have the problem with voices I mentioned before.

All the above attempts were done many times using different combination of old and newer maps.

When you say "on a clean empty device" you mean to empty the main memory of the TomTom right?

Also in case I misunderstood you, could you please clarify the installation instructions as to which files/folders stay in which memory (main or SD)?

Thank you again for all your trouble.
tomtomtoyotaaygo offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:42 am

If it is working now and only the voices are the problem it might be best to leave it and only play with the backup savely stored somewhere.
The voices are located in the folders "voices" and "LoquendoTTS" for the cumputervoices.
If you empty them Home should be able to install working voices on your device.
If that is not the case I recommend asking the TT support about that particular problem.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tomtomtoyotaaygo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Downunder35m wrote:If it is working now and only the voices are the problem it might be best to leave it and only play with the backup savely stored somewhere.
The voices are located in the folders "voices" and "LoquendoTTS" for the cumputervoices.
If you empty them Home should be able to install working voices on your device.
If that is not the case I recommend asking the TT support about that particular problem.

Thank you very much for all your time and answers.

TomTom Home does not recognise the device with Navcore 9.401 Fan Edition installed, perhaps it needs some editing on the ttgo.bif file.

I won't bother you any more, I will just wait for TT to release a greek LoquendoTTS voice.

Thank you again for all your trouble.
tomtomtoyotaaygo offline

Postby scscomp » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:24 pm

How about some instructions on how to get the download to start? 1st page at stealth.to in german (I don't happen to speak german) Clicking on "Part 1" takes you to something called usenet.nl which, thankfully, is in English and it requires you to register. Please don't kick my butt for asking a simple question.
scscomp offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:39 pm

scscomp wrote:How about some instructions on how to get the download to start?

Why do you want this OLD navcore?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Take [Please Register or Login to download file] link instead.
But all you need to do is to enter the password in the box ad click "weiter", if there comes an ad you cee it in the top right corner "skip..." - if so click on skip and you get to the download page.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby scscomp » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Can't get 9.465 to work. It boots but, locks up and reboots. I've patched everything with latest fastactivate. I've got 9.061 and a 900 map thats working fine now.
scscomp offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:55 pm

scscomp wrote:Can't get 9.465 to work. It boots but, locks up and reboots. I've patched everything with latest fastactivate. I've got 9.061 and a 900 map thats working fine now.

There is nothing that needs patching. Why not keep 9.061??
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby scscomp » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Mr. Downunder says this version has loqundoTTS support. My version 9.061 doesn't. Is there some reason I shouldn't install 9.401?
scscomp offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:39 pm

scscomp wrote:Mr. Downunder says this version has loqundoTTS support. My version 9.061 doesn't. Is there some reason I shouldn't install 9.401?

RE: Can't get 9.465 to work. A FastActive patched version or SE version will never work well on a 32MB unit. That's the reason Downunder posts the versions that will.

Take a look at Navcore 9.485 for most devices Memory boost version and/or Memory boost and Hardwired sound version before you fool with 9.401.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby scscomp » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Do they have loquendo support?
scscomp offline

Postby scscomp » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:05 pm

NC 9.485 for most devices thread doesn't have any DL links and is closed ??????
scscomp offline

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about TomTom