meta codes meta files [SOLVED]   

meta codes meta files [SOLVED]

Postby cbx200 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:24 pm

hi

ICould you please help me in understand how to see if a specific meta code is in the necessary (meta) files
How can I read the meta files and edit them in order to insert a missing meta code

thanks and regards :046:
cbx200 offline

Meta.txt

Postby cbx200 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 am

where can i find this file? Meta.text
In the root directory of the device?
In the maps folder of the device?
In my laptop?
Could you please assist me?
cbx200 offline

Re: meta codes meta files

Postby trader_35 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:12 pm

You can open a meta text in notepad . Copy and paste the meta text from the web page and paste it into the text you've opened with notepad. Then save the file. I normally save the meta text in order of the maps. So rather than just paste it anywhere, I will paste it that specific map metas.
e.g say I D/L the latest Uk roi map. I'll find the meta text for it, copy it from the web page. Open up my meta.txt file in notepad, scroll through the map meta's until I come down to U.K and Roi and paste in there along side with the others.
Then save the file.
A map is no good without the meta. And make sure your navcore version will support the map your're D/L :lol:
trader_35 offline

Postby trader_35 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:16 pm

Look at the bottom of this page META CODES 955 .Click on it then click on it again. Open a notepad .paste all the meta codes from this page into notebook then save the file name as meta.
You now have a meta text.
trader_35 offline

Postby cbx200 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:47 pm

thanks a lot trader_25 for the answers
I had already figured it out where to find the meta codes in the forum, the fact that there the navcore has to support the map and that to create a meta.txt file I simply have to copy /paste the meta codes in the block note.

My question, admittedly out of my ignorance on these topics, is that I can not find a meta.text file in my device, neither in the root nor in the map folders.
I would have thought that the device has already a meta.text file or that the fast activate tool creates one? I have searched my computer and the device for a meta.text file and I have not found it.

Therefore I understand that I have to create this meta.txt file and paste it somewhere in the device? in the map folder? in the root of the device?
I hope that this time I have made myself clearer and I can learn how this meta.text file works
cbx200 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:52 pm

cbx200 wrote:Therefore I understand that I have to create this meta.txt file and paste it somewhere in the device? in the map folder? in the root of the device?I hope that this time I have made myself clearer and I can learn how this meta.text file works

Read all of post 1: FastActivate
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cbx200 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:14 pm

thanks again tendriver
i now understand

rgds
cbx200 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:09 am

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!

:thread_solved:
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom