Latest Map update Query?   

Latest Map update Query?

Postby utukku » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:03 am

Hi,

I recenty bought a new TomTom XL IQ Routes edition, to replace my old faulty unit. I have used tomtom home to fully update everything as far as navcore and mapsharing is concerned.
However, it tells me that new mapupdates are available (at a cost of course) but Ithought that my map was the latest with all the functions. Here's my config:
GetMy-CFG v2.53
===============

DeviceID=AK5H****
DeviceVersionHW=XL
DeviceSerialNumber=

ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9465
TTSystem 4509592 bytes, modified 31/01/2013 16:47
PNDNavigator 8172416 bytes, modified 31/01/2013 18:06
BootLoaderVersion=55282
RDS/TMC 'mctx.dat' size 212 bytes
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland
CurrentMapVersion=900.4602
GreatBritainPostalVersion=Version900

# - - - - - End - - - - - #

Now I'm quite happy on how to update maps etc (thanks to this great site) but can anyone tell me what the map update tomtom home is on about would be? as V901.4683 doesn't have all the functions as my existing map.

cheers

Utukku
utukku offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:22 am

Your map is current, the 905 maps are just starting to come out.
A quick look into the stickies would have shown that ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby utukku » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 am

I just love the "in your face.. stick it to em" replys here, I truly do :D
Thanks Downunder35mm for your reply. I was using the gif showing compatability between navcores/maps to see what map update TomTom could be on about (as they dont mention the version number on tomtom home), going fron Ver 900 to 905 seems a big jump.

Anyways, lesson learnt.. tried to purchase this update so I could post the meta, but I get "Map Certificate Validation failed" probably cos the last map didnt come from them.

Thanks Again.

Utukku
utukku offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:13 am

It is not about "in your face", just about the fact that we always keep the recent maps as a sticky.
That means you will usually find one thread, when new versions arrive there is a second as it takes time to get the maps.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:51 pm

utukku wrote:1. However, it tells me that new map updates are available (at a cost of course) but I thought that my map was the latest with all the functions.
but can anyone tell me what the map update tomtom home is on about would be? as V901.4683 doesn't have all the functions as my existing map.
I was using the gif showing compatability between navcores/maps to see what map update TomTom could be on about (as they dont mention the version number on tomtom home),
2. going fron Ver 900 to 905 seems a big jump.
3. Anyways, lesson learnt.. tried to purchase this update so I could post the meta,
4. but I get "Map Certificate Validation failed" probably cos the last map didnt come from them.

As Downunder said, your navcore & map are up to date. A few additional comments,if I may.

1. This is just a marketing ploy used by TT, just before they release the next quarterly map edition. FYI, 901.4683 is the current Europe TRUCK map.
2. TT numbers the maps in 5 digit increments. 880, 885, 890, 895, 900 & soon to be released 905.
3. Thanx for your efforts to share a new map meta!!
4. It has nothing to do with where you got your last map. See point 1.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom