Current Truck map and Navcore for older devices with 32mb Ra   

Current Truck map and Navcore for older devices with 32mb Ra

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:50 am

I created a modified version of the current Truck Navcore for the use on older devices with only 32mb of Ram installed.
[Spoiler=Read all before you even think about downloading!]
After you finished all this:
Read it again!

If not sure about some terms used in here seek the tutorial section first,
all a newbie needs can be found there.
Spoiler: Show
General notes]
I included a LoquendoTTS folder and tested it successful on a ONE v8 - but Loquendo needs Ram, so add it at your own risk.
I will include the CS speech files for the map as well.

This version is not for the the following devices:
TT models with 64mb Ram installed
TT low end models with 32mb newer than 2009 (you can try and report if it works as this is currently not tested)
TT models based on Navcore 9 or higher

Limitations you have to accept]
To make the impossible working some modifications had to be done to the Navcore which result in the loss of the following features:
Bluetooth support
FM transmitter
Computer voices - I uploaded a fixed LoquendoTTS pack that should work on 32mb, but test it at your own risk.
ASR support
CS speech (useless without a copmuter voice, but can be added by installing the corresponding files into the map folder.)

Faults found so far:
The icons for the vehicle selction are missing, only the text is displayed. This can't be fixed due to limitations in the missing support for Home and some modifications to the Navcore.
Switching ALG on or off is not possible as the corresponding entry in the menu is missing.
If you use a docking station the TT will freeze. So far it only works with a charger directly connected to the TT.

Addional infos]
The whole thing was tested on a GO classic by our german team member WDJJE - special thanks for the beta testing!
Free Ram with everything installed and freshly started :

With an active route the free ram is between 5,8 and 7,1mb.
This allows fluent navigation with the pre-installed standard voices.
Since some older devices are limited to 2GB of internal memory and don't support SD cards these devices will not be able to use the Truck map. I manged to keep it under 2.5GB but a SD card is a must.
Current ZIP codes and speed cams are included.

Installation]
Download the archive and unpack to a folder on your hard drive.
Make a complete backup of your SD card using the Windows Explorer - don't use TT Home for that!
Delete everything from your SD card except the file ttgo.bif in the root. Never format your SD card!
If you use a new SD card you'll have to put a copy of your ttgo.bif on it before proceeding!
Start the Install.exe and follow the instructions of the installer.
When asked for the location of your TT/SD card only type in the drive letter and nothing else!
Eg: Instead of the displayed E:\ type in F:\ if your SD is located at drive F
Be careful what to type because if you only put F in the field all will be installed into the sub folder F inside the folder where the installer is located.
After the installation (can take a long time if you installed a bootloader with a version number that is too high) AutoActivate will start and activate the map and speed cams.
Even on a fast PC 30Minutes is quite normal for the installation.
The Navcore is already patched and does not need to be patched again!
AutoActivate won't need a internet connection, the correct codes are included.

If you want to add the LoquendoTTS files as well:
Download the archive and unpack to the root of your device, the LoquendoTTS folder will be created during the unpacking.
For spoken street names you'll have to add the CS speech files to the map folder as well.

Special note if your TT suffers from a very slow USB connection and drop outs during data transfers]
Bootloader 5.5120, which is safe for all older devices is included but renamed to "system5.5120".
If your device suffers from a painfully slow USB connection and stops during data transfers I recommend using a folder on your PC instead of the drive letter of your TT during the first run of the installer.
Rename the file system5.5120 to system and copy into the root of your TT - restart your TT after that.
Your TT will install the bootloader and perform a rebbot - don't interrupt that!
Now you can delete the folder on your PC and re-run the installer as instructed above.

What can and what you can't do - read carefully and accept]
You can not ask me for instructions on how to download or unpack the files - I expect that to be common knowledge how to do that. If unsure seek help here :[Please Register or Login to download file]
If you ask in the forum or by PM for any passwords in regards to this release I reserve the right to ban you for while for not reading these instructions!
You can add other voices (including Vocalizer) and your own contents at your own risk.
LoquendoTTS is rated as experimental, I got about7mb free Ram on a ONE v8, try at own risk!
There are no switchfiles or other emulations possible - what you see is what you get.
Don't activate POI's to show up on the map screen - that will dramatically slow down performance. You can add and navigate to as many POI's as you as long as they are disabled for the map screen.
Password for all: downunder
If you find any problems not mentioned in this posting, report it in this thread and include all things you added or modified - and include the necessary informations about your device!
I hope that is all what is needed on instructions and informations but I will update this posting when necessary.

[/Spoiler]
Download]

[Please Register or Login to download file] Navcore only for newer maps.
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:33 am

I added now LoquendoTTS support, and tested it on a ONE v8.
It is all working, but since the voies need some Ram adding them is your choice, check first if you have more than 7mb Ram free with an active route.
For spoken street names and other voice relevant things the corresponding CS speech files need to be added to the map folder.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Holda.us » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:47 pm

Link CS speech files for the map: error: leere link zeile. Please reupload
Holda.us offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:26 am

Link fixed.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom