carminat tomtom live 9.846 activation problem   

carminat tomtom live 9.846 activation problem

Postby soheilhd » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi all

recently i bought a renault Koleos with built-in carminat tomtom live, but unfortunately the original SD card is not delivered to me, i called the retail i bought the car many times but there is no way i get an original one, seems it's lost or ...

i live in iran and TomTom doesn't support maps for my country so the navigation is useless for me, all i need is to get rid of the message "no maps found" on the navigation screen and be able to set the clock and other functions!

another problem is because of the international policies we can't have a master card or etc. to buy original maps from TomTom (a cheap one to activate the device).

i E-mailed TomTom support and their response was to try to find the original SD or try to purchase a map to activate the device. as i described above none of these ways are possible in my situation.

so i want to know if anyone knows a way to activate the device without an original map for this device or not?

i think if it's not possible then i have to send the fresh SD card i bought and synced with my carminat tomtom live with TomTom home on mac to another country so one my relatives can buy the map and download it on the SD and post it back to me! this procedure is so hard and time-consuming so i prefer to find a simpler way to activate the device...

Thanks all
soheilhd offline

Postby chefke » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Nothing is possible on renault tomtom Live systems.
chefke offline

Re: carminat tomtom live 9.846 activation problem

Postby Glimpser » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:37 am

maybe you can use "open street map" and covert it to tom tom
i do the same with Garmin
Glimpser offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom