no voice from IGO primo2   

no voice from IGO primo2

Postby jptaylor2 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:43 pm

hey YT....ok, i was wrong about the built in speaker...my unit does have the built in speaker, that is the faint beep i keep hearing everytime i touch an icon in Primo....that being said, is there any file i need to modify or kill in the Primo2 i got from you in order for the built in speaker to be utilized as the output source??? once again ive been through every option on the unit to find a volume control for the built in speaker and can find none....is there a way for me to access the wince 6.0 system to adjust this volume...this no voice guidance sucks!!!!! thanks in advance guys
jptaylor2 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:11 pm

jptaylor2 wrote:is there any file i need to modify or kill in the Primo2 i got from you in order for the built in speaker to be utilized as the output source???

Basically, no.
Primo uses whatever sound output source that is available for it to use--this is a hardware thing. There is no 'choice' within the program. I think you would have this same situation no matter what program you use.
If there are no settings within the device somewhere, then that is truly an odd device of which I have never heard of such a situation before. Usually, in-dash units run ALL sound through it's amplifier to the stereo car speakers.

WinCE does have it's own volume control....do you have access to any WinCE settings anywhere?

You could try adding this to sys.txt:

[Sound]
os_volume = 255
use_os_volume=1

But I have my doubts that it would have any effect unless you can get to the volume settings within WinCE to max them out first.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jptaylor2 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:05 pm

i own a custom car stereo shop and deal with these units all the time...i agree that mine appears to be an oddball and ill explain...each source has its own volume while in that source...ie if youre in cd with volume at 7 and go to sd card and have the volume set at 15 when you go back to the cd source the volume switches back to 7, which is not uncommon...what is uncommon in my experience is that most of the time in the setup of the unit there will be a source gain or something of a similar nature....mine does not have this...my unit orignallly had Sygic Drive10 on the card it came with and the voice for Sygic never worked either...however i know for a fact that my Sygic sd card was corrupted...that being said it would seem to me that maybe the system volume for NAV is set to 0 and i have no way to adjust it...if i try and adjust the volume while in Nav there is no indication that a change is made, no number, no slide bar...i was thinking that if i could get into the root program of the unit(wince 6) that it may be something as simple as the programmer entered 0 instead of 10 or something like that for the Nav source volume......but even with that being said im not exactly sure how to access the wince 6.0 system.
jptaylor2 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Navsure double-din devices have a similar problem where the original iGO programme was modified to control the hardware sound mixer, Newer versions don't have this feature, so therefore, No sound.

By chance a member found out that using the original MP3 player on the device switches on the sound output from WinCE, so by playing a silent MP3 he could get the sound from Primo, Not an ideal solution, but on some devices the only solution unless you want to get involved internally.

To get into the WinCE control panel to check volume level etc, Create a Mortscript that points to \Windows\Control.exe and run that instead of Primo...
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:33 pm

jptaylor2 wrote:but even with that being said im not exactly sure how to access the wince 6.0 system.

Fatboyfun may have, or come up with, a way by means of scripting...maybe. I'm sure he'll see this and respond.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core