Toyota - Fujitsu Ten head units 2012   

Map updates - Toyota / Fujitsu Ten head unit

Postby mad_dad » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:01 am

What can I say.... How to update teh maps on a Toyota - Fujitsu Ten head unit 2012

Very hard and $$$ to get map updates... Navteq

I am assuming the IGO 9.2.2.2.xxxxx application is embedded within the Fujitsu Ten Sat Nav head unit.

sys.txt

[device]
type="ften_gavn11"
sku="aus_toy"

After that the standard Contents / TTS / Licence folder.

If the licence file is changed / removed the system does not even boot correctly and generates all sorts of application errors. (tried dropping in about 20 different ones)

Drop in a new map and it correctly identifies version; but states that is has inactive content...... shows it in RED and then works from the correct map... (But it is 18 months old )

If any one has a thought as to if a patch/work around is possible, please let me know.

If you need examples of files, than can be arranged....
mad_dad offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:39 am

Just replace the whole application for a cracked one, these are available from the programme sub forum here, the license and exefile are tied together so you need to replace both at least.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mad_dad » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Have tried replacing every thing I can on the SD card...

But as the IGO app is embedded into the Fujitsu Ten head unit, when it fires up if it can not find what it is looking for it just crashes.

Now if you know how to back door the Fujitsu Ten head unit and access the firmware to allow a 3rd part navigation system to be installed / set up... Please let me know.

Other that the following folders Contents / TTS / Licence folder etc there is nothing else and no exe files etc. It all runs from within teh protected Toyota Fujitsu Ten head unit.
mad_dad offline

Postby furat52 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:33 pm

try to replace every thing (same version) with a cracked one and keep the original data.zip and sys.txt only

p.s make a backup first
furat52 offline

Postby nabi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:03 pm

HOLD IT !!!

Is the Primo on an SD card and that one came with the unit? There is a great chance the unit/program/license/SD are a whole somehow and a decoded key is stored somewhere safe.
This means that breaking the unity of 4, nothing works anymore!

Hopefully that decoded key is on SD only (filename is device.nng) and you can use a different SD. When it is stored in memory somewhere (like when there is a copy of the program in memory, the same way as the PDA builds of iGO, but it can be in the registry as well), you may be scr**ed :(

Therefor :
DO NOT MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR SD !! Take it out and put it away safely !

Take a blank new and newly formatted SD, copy a "cured" and complete (maps etc) Primo on it, making sure the original lay out or path looks exactly as the original one. When it works, you are there. When it doesn't work, the Fujitsu needs to be unlocked somehow.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby furat52 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:33 pm

nabi wrote:DO NOT MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR SD !! Take it out and put it away safely !

Take a blank new and newly formatted SD, copy a "cured" and complete (maps etc) Primo on it, making sure the original lay out or path looks exactly as the original one.

Surely the first thing he should think about is what you mentioned above.

I had similar problem before and by trial and error I found that the device name is specified in sys.txt and the same device present is data.zip\config\devices\"device name".ini, where there are some parameters make the program works, What I did is replaced the whole program to a cracked one (ofcourse on a new SD) pointed the exe file/name the same way it was in the original and put the same device name in sys.txt and edited my data.zip to include the same parameters as in the original one.
furat52 offline

Postby nabi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:56 pm

What you mean by this is the way by sys.txt to make some device dependable hardware settings. They are located in data.zip/config/devices. Just open the file named after your device and you will see.

example for a MioC320

; Please keep ABC order of sections!!!

info_names="MANTAS C320"

[battery]
use_power_notifications=1

[gps]
port = 1
baud = 57600
devicename_template="VSP%d:"
maximise_baud = 0

[power]
backlight_min = 1
backlight_max = 8
backlight_methods = 5
power_off_events = 1

[rawdisplay]
class="wide"

[sound]
use_method=1
mute_os_key=1
queue_length=200

[tmc]
port = "COM,1"
baud = 38400
source = "gnsport"

Then these specific settings (when the device= line is added to sys.txt) are not needed anymore in sys.txt.
These config lines are device specific, sometimes even just the way hardware keys function (example : left, right, etc to turn screen )
like this (complete) example for the Acer n35 PDA, for steering the "PDA mouse pad" (what is it called in English?)

; Please keep ABC order of sections!!!

[keymap]
key = 0, 0, 91, 0
key = 0, 0, 131, 0
key = 0, 0, 134, 0
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby furat52 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:10 pm

in this example the device name is "MANTAS C320", you will find (if it is original iGo) MANTAS C320.ini in
config\devices in data.zip where there are some command lines to make the program work, and without these lines it wont work properly.
furat52 offline

Postby nabi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:22 pm

There is no Mantras file but a Mioc320 file in data.zip with the contents above. ;)
There are also FTEN_GAVN11 files, but I see four different files on the Primo data.zip I opened. Could be every one is different too from the opening posters config file. (one of them is FTEN_GAVN11AUS, this could be similar to the one mention in post#1)

mad_dad wrote:
[device]
type="ften_gavn11"
sku="aus_toy"

Luckily, it's simple to adapt a file using notepad. Your tip could be a good one :thumbup:
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby mad_dad » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Thanks for some interesting input.

However.... There is no option to RUN another application AND there is no Data.zip or other files on the SD card.

The LOGO also states IGO and no mention of Primo that I can find...

Will image and copy the SD card and do some more playing over the next day or two..
mad_dad offline

Postby nabi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:51 pm

I did mention primo because you named the application as a iGO 9.2 which would indicate Primo. (IGO stops at 8.3.5)
(http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?913-List-of-iGO-8-Amigo-and-Primo-(Windows-CE-Based)-releases).

Read my post #5 again and reconsider "there is no option to RUN another application".
When there is really no option, then you can not replace the SD at all, nor the program and then your only option is "Very hard and $$$ to get map updates"
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby mad_dad » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:16 am

nabi wrote:I did mention primo because you named the application as a iGO 9.2 which would indicate Primo. (IGO stops at 8.3.5)

Read my post #5 again and reconsider "there is no option to RUN another application".
When there is really no option, then you can not replace the SD at all, nor the program and then your only option is "Very hard and $$$ to get map updates"

Thanks re the info on version numbers...

As I stated I can only go of the logos and info that comes up in the about and info screens.

Clearly states just IGO and same logo as on my 8.3 version (hand held)

Have imaged the SD card and the copy works...

But the odds are on some level of security code that it expects in at least a couple of files.

Some updates require a special app to run on the update SD as I understand it / have been informed. (no first hand experience an that's just car sales people talking)

But as it stands now; you pay $360 to Toyota and you get a new SD card with the current version map. Updates only when they release a NEW MAP - once every 12 or 18 or 24 months and another $360...
mad_dad offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 am

Try adding a skin like Dimka that gives you the chance to run external applications like total commander, then you may be able to access the file system...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Re: Toyota - Fujitsu Ten head units 2012

Postby crabber » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:46 am

Sorry to drag this topic up again but wondered if any progress had been made.
I have a factory fitted system, Fujitsu Ten running iGO with over two year old maps, I have complained bitterly and am waiting to hear back, so hopefully will eventually have an up to date map.
In the meantime I have been attempting to clone my micro SD card, this gives "check card message" from the navigator.
I have a tablet running iGO using recent maps which works fine, I have tried many many different ways of substituting files on the original card, all attempts result in system using old map from it's memory and looking in the "about" section shows "inactive map" as mentioned above. There just must be a way around this?
crabber offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core