TMC WinCE Standalone Device   

Re: TMC WinCE Standalone Device

Postby nabi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Yep, I have such newer one and haven't succeeded in enabling TMC. Any Medion that has the Amaryllo TMC chip gives the same problem. The models 4260, 4460, 4470 are to avoid for sure, they have that chip. I would stay away from any Medion having Gopal 6 or higher (when not updated to). So in short, any Medion on CE5 is okay, a CE6 device not having the Amaryllo chip (when that exists) is also okay.

The way to install iGO/Primo on any Medion is in fact very simple when you know how. I have a howto (made by Yurbuh Tuggly) at my place, not here.
That manual must be followed because Medion software enables the hardware functions (sound, gps, video, TMC, ...) in a consecutive programs cycle. Interrupt that cycle and the device is not functional. But Medions aren't hard to "unlock" ;)

How is explained here : general-discussions-about-igo-core-f87/medion-e4460-how-set-tmc-and-work-igo8-and-pri-t14113.html?hilit=medion
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby sibyseb » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Hi
I was looking for a TMC receiver to connect to my chinese oem double din head unit running wince 6. I have wincepatch installed and can access desktop mode. It has a functional usb port which I am hoping to connect to a TMC receiver, but I can't find any compatible one. Has anybody got any suggestions?
sibyseb offline

Postby kdl123 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:34 pm

sibyseb wrote:Hi
I was looking for a TMC receiver to connect to my chinese oem double din head unit running wince 6. I have wincepatch installed and can access desktop mode. It has a functional usb port which I am hoping to connect to a TMC receiver, but I can't find any compatible one. Has anybody got any suggestions?

Hi sibyseb, sorry for bringing up an oldie but currenty I'm around the same problem. Have you ever succeeded to get an USB recevier for your unit?
kdl123 offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about iGO core