Rosen issues   

Re: Rosen issues

Postby jtrosky » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Ok, here is a link to a .zip file that contains the files needed to access the internal files on the Rosen 1210. It also contains a file with the instructions that I'll post below as well:

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Here are the instruction from the file included in the archive:

Simple instruction to access Rosen 1210 internal files

1. Create thumb drive with the following files in the *root* directory (can also just download use .zip file linked to in this post).
- skpautorun.ini (contains the path to the binary to run)
- CECMD.exe (The WinCE System Commander file manager)

2. You can also create another folder (or folders) with any files that you want to copy to the Rosen system, such as maps, pois, skins, cars, etc...

3. With the Rosen system powered on and ready for use, insert the thumb drive into the rear USB port

4. At this point, the WinCE System Commander file manager will show - and you are ready to copy files to/from the Rosen! The Rosen has the following "drives" that will show up in the System Commander screen (which, by default, starts up with a dual-window display):

- BACKUP - Rosen uses this "drive" as their Primo "Save" directory - not quite sure why
- GPSDATA - Not sure what these files are for - never looked into it
- Hard Disk - This is the USB thumb-drive "drive"
- NANDFLASH - There is an "Application" folder on this "drive" that contains all of the radio-related files (binaries, config files etc). USE CAUTION MESSING WITH THESE FILES!!
- SDMMC - There is a "Navigation" folder in here - this is where the iGo Primo files are stored (except for the "save" folder, which is in the "BACKUP" "drive".
- STORE - This "drive" contains some system configuration files - again, USE CAUTION MESSING WITH THESE FILES!!

So, for example, if you wanted to add a specific car to the Rosen system, you can just copy the car file from the USB drive to the "SDMMC\Navigation\content\car" folder on the Rosen. Note that you may have to create the "car" folder (can't remember if it's there by default or not).

Also, if you want to edit a file (such as sys.txt), the System Commander file manager includes a text editor, so you can either edit it direclty on the Rosen, or copy the sys.txt file to the thumb drive and edit it on a PC (and then copy it back to the Rosen when done).

Now, if you want to use maps or poi's downloaded from a GPS site, you'll need to be running a cracked version of Primo. However, this is where there are a few issues with the Rosen 1210 model... Initially, I installed Primo 2.4 (9.6.13.405512) and generally, it works fine. However, there are a few issues that I noticed:

1. I can't figure out how to stop Primo 2.4 from coming to the foreground automatically when the Rosen GM1210 boots up (instead of just starting in the background and not being visible until you press the "Nav" key, like it does with the Rosen-supplied version of Primo 2.0).

2. With Primo 2.4, the "Auto" timezone setting does NOT set the radio-side clock properly (at least not in the EST timezone). For some reason, even though the GPS time shows correctly, the radio time is one hour behind! If I manually set the timezone in Primo 2.4 to "GMT -5", then the radio-side clock gets set correctly. What really sucks is that there is no way to manually set the radio-side time on the Rosen 1210 - it only sets the time from the GPS time. You *may* be able to "fix" this with some of the radio-side config files - I saw an option that seemed to be related to allowing the clock to be set manually - but I didn't attempt to change the option.

3. There is no "beep" sound when touching the screen like there is with the Rosen-supplied version of Primo (Primo 2.0). I suspect that the Rosen-supplied version is customized for the Rosen specifically (it makes the same beep sound when touching the screen on the radio-side as well, unless you disabled that option in the radio setup). This beep sound comes from the radio itself (a little speaker on the main board) - NOT from your car speakers.

I *have* been able to install a cracked version of Primo 2.0 and it solves the issue where Primo comes to the foreground automatically during startup (only shows when you press the NAV button), but I still have the timezone issue and the touchscreen "no beep" issue. There may not be a solution to these issues when using a cracked version of Primo.
jtrosky offline

Postby 0bw4n » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi jtrosky,

Have you had any further luck with the gm1210? The timezone issue is the only thing holding me back from trying this.
0bw4n offline

Postby jtrosky » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:14 pm

I recently setup and sold the GM1210 that I had sitting around and before I sold it, I did install a cr@cked version of Primo 2.0 (9.6.5.245577) and it seemed to work fine (was setting the clock correctly). However, even if you did have to put up with the timezone issue, all you have to do is set the timezone manually in Primo (instead of using "auto") - and then it sets the clock correctly. It was only an issue on the "Auto" setting for the timezone.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
jtrosky offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about iGO core