real view   

real view

Postby scarey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:53 pm

i've seen 'real view' mentioned else where and was wondering what it is and how do i get it..
scarey offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby chas521 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:05 pm

scarey wrote:i've seen 'real view' mentioned else where and was wondering what it is and how do i get it..

I believe that real view is more associated with the maps and data.zip. I think that as time goes by and more new elements are created for Primo, we will see the features now advertised. Right now, whatever is out there, are just band-aids. Just my opinion.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby scarey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:13 pm

realview looks very nice on the picture i saw, but it was in the wrong res for me..still early days for primo and i think you might be right re 'band aids'....
scarey offline

Postby scarey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:47 pm

chas, its only got 400x240 and 480x272 resolutions so it wont work on mine....
scarey offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:04 pm

scarey wrote:chas, its only got 400x240 and 480x272 resolutions so it wont work on mine....

Well scarey, you unfortunately will just have to wait some more I guess.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby scarey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:22 pm

cheers mate...:pray:
scarey offline

Postby xtyler92 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:53 pm

LOL... band-aides. I agree... all the data.zips and branding.zips out (except the original 480x272) are just patchwork. Don't get me wrong, some of it is really nice work.... problem is that there are so many it's becoming more difficult to tell which is good and which has problems. I wish JM's forum was more organized so that people can get a better idea of which is best for their resolution. I think they should start resolution specific threads with the data and branding.zip's posted there. This way people can read directly the posts about the specific upload and can tell which ones work the best. Still, they are all patched and band-aide like, which means none of them will be as good as an actual NNG data or branding.zip for those resolutions. I do think that Primo is an infant and there aren't a lot of places where you can even purchase a device with the software. My July into August we should see a few more releases that hopefully will be for more resolutions and this will hopefully clear up some of the confusion and issues.
xtyler92 offline

Postby scarey » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:23 am

i know what you mean re different data zips , you cant tell if the one you have is any better than the newer one you have just see posted except for the difference in the file size...at least maps have a six digit number after them to tell you a recent release....
scarey offline

Postby xtyler92 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:40 pm

scarey wrote:i know what you mean re different data zips , you cant tell if the one you have is any better than the newer one you have just see posted except for the difference in the file size...at least maps have a six digit number after them to tell you a recent release....

Once actual data.zip's from NNG are released for the other resolutions, then all will get cleared up. I personally haven't used a skin with primo yet, just because I find all I need in the original 480x272 data.zip from NNG. I am sure a lot of people will feel the same way once actual genuine data.zip's for their resolutions are put out. All in time. Like I said, I am not sure NNG even knows for sure which type of data,zip they will actually use in future releases of igo8. For now, people are just trying to make things "mostly" work, eventually all of that will be addressed by NNG and hopefully we will see newer versions working out those problems for people using the patchworked data.zip's.
xtyler92 offline

Postby scarey » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:39 am

it'll also be nice to get some kind of 'distintion' between the official and patchworked data zips...also i've noticed that some sys.txt entrys dont seem to do anything to the actual program maybe due to the non original data zips...
scarey offline

Postby xtyler92 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:37 am

scarey wrote:it'll also be nice to get some kind of 'distintion' between the official and patchworked data zips...also i've noticed that some sys.txt entrys dont seem to do anything to the actual program maybe due to the non original data zips...

Might be... although even with the original NNG data.zip some of the sys.txt entries from igo8 don't work in Primo... so it's hard to tell if it is just a difference between igo8 and Primo or a data.zip issue. I see that NNG is starting to market Primo in other places other than just Hungry. Hopefully once that starts happening we'll see newer versions popping up and maybe a "fuller" version of Primo come around. As is, I still think Primo is more like a beta version. Once it starts to be sold globally we should start seeing a lot of problems dry up. Like chas said, some routing might currently seem questionable, so perhaps that is because of the infancy of the software.... igo8 was the same way at the beginning. Once Primo is marketed and then expected to be used around the world, things like this should be taken care of by NNG. My guess is the current version of Primo is more of a "look at this" type of release, where down the road it will be more of a "use me" type of thing. Since only NNG knows what version we are using and whether or not there are any limitations to it's functionality.... my assumption is that once global then the questions behind some of the problems will be worked out through the version being used.
xtyler92 offline

Postby scarey » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:18 pm

looks like i do have this realview thing, heading up the m4 towards london , the realview licked in when i came off at reading..its just a static picture of the junction with arrows showing the route so its not really anything to get excited about...
scarey offline

Postby xtyler92 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:29 pm

scarey wrote:looks like i do have this realview thing, heading up the m4 towards london , the realview licked in when i came off at reading..its just a static picture of the junction with arrows showing the route so its not really anything to get excited about...

Yeah.... it reminds me of Navigon. However it is nice in the sense that it gives you a general idea of which side the exit is on... like if you weren't paying attention. I personally can live without it. To me it is just one of those things NNG threw in there to have something to show newer users and to get them excited.
xtyler92 offline

Postby scarey » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:10 pm

actually its a bit frustrating in the sense it 'blocks' the normal 'approaching the juction view'....
scarey offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core