Problem with iGO 8.3 - stuck at the loading page "POI Manage   

Problem with iGO 8.3 - stuck at the loading page "POI Manage

Postby Prapan » Sat May 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi,

I hae a chinese made PNA, previously, my iGO 8.3 worked perfectly and i love it so much.
But after a searching, I found MIO Client from the Internet and installed it by accident. (I didn't read the readme file clearly.)
Now my iGO got stuck at the loading page "POI Manager Init". But my other navigation software e.g. Amigo, Sygic etc. work properly.
Can anyone help me fix my iGO ? I reinstalled iGO, removed the sys.txt, but it still gets stuck at the same point "POI Manager Init".

Please help me ...

Thanks a lod, Dan Ke
Prapan offline

Postby chas521 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Prapan wrote:Hi,

I hae a chinese made PNA, previously, my iGO 8.3 worked perfectly and i love it so much.
But after a searching, I found MIO Client from the Internet and installed it by accident. (I didn't read the readme file clearly.)
Now my iGO got stuck at the loading page "POI Manager Init". But my other navigation software e.g. Amigo, Sygic etc. work properly.
Can anyone help me fix my iGO ? I reinstalled iGO, removed the sys.txt, but it still gets stuck at the same point "POI Manager Init".

Please help me ...

Thanks a load, Dan Ke

Dan,
Are all the installations you made on the SD card? Did you change anything in the Flash Drive? I would look there for any iGO entries.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Prapan » Sun May 23, 2010 1:47 am

chas521 wrote:Dan,
Are all the installations you made on the SD card? Did you change anything in the Flash Drive? I would look there for any iGO entries.

Hi,
I installed into SD card but I spent the whole last night looking into the mortscripts (unlock.mscr) and found that some scripts copied some files into the flashdrive too. Can you please guide me ... Thanks again,
Prapan offline

Postby Prapan » Sun May 23, 2010 1:58 am

I also tried to run it without map/POI and it still got stuck at the same page, POI ManagerInit.
Please help ... Thanks,
Prapan offline

Postby kamoteka » Sun May 23, 2010 2:21 am

Look at the content/speedcam folder and if you see a file speedcam.txt, delete it or move it elsewhere.
kamoteka offline

Postby chas521 » Sun May 23, 2010 3:40 am

Dan,
I have to ask the obvious question here. If everything was working properly why did you install [even accidentally] anything? Do you have an installation CD that came with your device and did you try to revert back to the device when you first received it? Did you backup your device before you tried anything new? Please read my signature line below!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Prapan » Sun May 23, 2010 10:39 am

chas521 wrote:Dan,
I have to ask the obvious question here. If everything was working properly why did you install [even accidentally] anything? Do you have an installation CD that came with your device and did you try to revert back to the device when you first received it? Did you backup your device before you tried anything new? Please read my signature line below!

Hi,
Actually, I saw the MioPocket pack is a very complete front end and would like to use it.
Unfortunately, the seller does not have the CD or flash image. .. any advice ? Thk so much,
Prapan offline

Postby chas521 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Prapan wrote:Hi,
Actually, I saw the MioPocket pack is a very complete front end and would like to use it.
Unfortunately, the seller does not have the CD or flash image. .. any advice ? Thk so much,

OK, let's try it this way. What is the exact name and model number of your device? Post it exactly. Possibly, one of the other members have the same device and can post their flash drive files for you to copy.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kamoteka » Sun May 23, 2010 12:56 pm

It is also possible that you get stuck with the "POI Manager Init" if you have a bad SD card and the system cannot write properly the ROPOI.prl file in the save folder. You might try deleting the save folder first and restarting igo, or if still that does not work, re-format your SD and re-instal igo.
kamoteka offline

Postby Prapan » Sun May 23, 2010 2:16 pm

chas521 wrote:OK, let's try it this way. What is the exact name and model number of your device? Post it exactly. Possibly, one of the other members have the same device and can post their flash drive files for you to copy.

It is a noname, I bought it from the Internet, it uses the SIRF IV with 500 MHz ARM CPU, 128 MB RAM, 2 GB of Internal storage. the seller didn't disclose the factory name because he is afraid of competition in Thailand. But in the system, it shows the name "GPS" - (this is very meaningless), the application Version is S963N-3-3.13A-A, Kernel Versin 963-1.2.1. Sigh ... god please help !!!
Prapan offline

Postby Prapan » Sun May 23, 2010 2:20 pm

kamoteka wrote:
It is also possible that you get stuck with the "POI Manager Init" if you have a bad SD card and the system cannot write properly the ROPOI.prl file in the save folder. You might try deleting the save folder first and restarting igo, or if still that does not work, re-format your SD and re-instal igo.

At I waited at the stage "POI MANAGER INIT" for over 15 minutes but it is still at this page. I then need to reset it.
I also deleted the directory "SAVE" but it gave the same result - stuck at the same stage.
Prapan offline

Postby chas521 » Sun May 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Prapan wrote:It is a noname, I bought it from the Internet, it uses the SIRF IV with 500 MHz ARM CPU, 128 MB RAM, 2 GB of Internal storage. the seller didn't disclose the factory name because he is afraid of competition in Thailand. But in the system, it shows the name "GPS" - (this is very meaningless), the application Version is S963N-3-3.13A-A, Kernel Versin 963-1.2.1. Sigh ... god please help !!!

I know you're very frustrated but we're with you and we'll try to help. Please post here what your internal flash drive looks like. Maybe we can figure it out.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Prapan » Sun May 23, 2010 3:09 pm

chas521 wrote:I know you're very frustrated but we're with you and we'll try to help. Please post here what your internal flash drive looks like. Maybe we can figure it out.

Thanks a lot bro, highly appreciated that.
I am very new to Windows CE, please let me know how to look at the flash drive ?
By the way, I even traced back what the MIO Pocket installation script do to flashdrive, and I found that it copied some files into the flashdrive and update the registry. Now I already removed the autorun mio pocket (its program is called "systeminformation". I found that this MIO Pocket will redirect some system program e.g. control panel program to TroNik suite pack, etc. The original conrol panel is actually locked. This MIO also installed .NET CF and PHM PowerToys. Now what I am afraid of is that the DLL files from the pack which the script copy to the flashdrive causes the iGO fail to start.
By the way, I am loading the iGO 8.3.2 and will let you know the result ... Thanks again bro.
Prapan offline

Postby chas521 » Sun May 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Prapan wrote:Thanks a lot bro, highly appreciated that.
I am very new to Windows CE, please let me know how to look at the flash drive ?
By the way, I even traced back what the MIO Pocket installation script do to flashdrive, and I found that it copied some files into the flashdrive and update the registry. Now I already removed the autorun mio pocket (its program is called "systeminformation". I found that this MIO Pocket will redirect some system program e.g. control panel program to TroNik suite pack, etc. The original conrol panel is actually locked. This MIO also installed .NET CF and PHM PowerToys. Now what I am afraid of is that the DLL files from the pack which the script copy to the flashdrive causes the iGO fail to start.
By the way, I am loading the iGO 8.3.2 and will let you know the result ... Thanks again bro.

Are you installing the iGO 8.3 that I uploaded here? Kamoteka gave you the link. Let's see how that works first.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Prapan » Sun May 23, 2010 4:22 pm

chas521 wrote:Are you installing the iGO 8.3 that I uploaded here? Kamoteka gave you the link. Let's see how that works first.

Yes, I will let you know the result ... hpefully, the map and POI work fiine ... Thanks,
Prapan offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core