Problem with Advent Navigation system   

Problem with Advent Navigation system

Postby furat52 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Recently purchased Advent Headunit model OGM-1 for my Acadia from USA, it comes with iGo Primo Navigation with
official license for USA & Canada, since I am living in United Arab Emirates I needed to add middle east maps but it doesn't accept any other maps unless I buy it officially, I replaced the original Primo with the one downloaded from this forums and it worked but with no navigation sound at all, tried numbers of primo from deferent forums but all the same, no sound at all, put the original SD back into the unit, sound OK again.

appriciate any idea to solve this problem.
furat52 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Maps gotten from here will not work with a "real" program because of a license issue. The license has been modified because we are using a cracked program.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 pm

furat52 wrote:Recently purchased Advent Headunit model OGM-1 for my Acadia from USA, it comes with iGo Primo Navigation with
official license for USA & Canada, since I am living in United Arab Emirates I needed to add middle east maps but it doesn't accept any other maps unless I buy it officially, I replaced the original Primo with the one downloaded from this forums and it worked but with no navigation sound at all, tried numbers of primo from deferent forums but all the same, no sound at all, put the original SD back into the unit, sound OK again.

appriciate any idea to solve this problem.

I guess the maps worked?

The sound could be TTS related. Voices are (as far as I know) not license related. Normal voices should work always. TTS voices need the right combination of voice and DLL.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 pm

There are devices out there that have special versions of iGO that are modified to work with the devices hardware sound mixer, consequently replacing the original version with an unmodified version means you will get no sound.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby furat52 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Many thanks for your replies, chas521, nabi and Fatboyfun, it seems I must buy a map, or can I spread the iGo sound from the system and install additional speaker for the navigation only?
furat52 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Unfortunately, if what i said is the case, then buying maps is the only option, I doubt that's it an easy job to modify the head unit to provide the audio from Windows CE on a separate line out.

Due to the fact you've tried many different builds of iGO from here, and other sources, I suspect this is the case.

Have a good look through the device menus just in case there's a sound mixer option.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby furat52 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:Unfortunately, if what i said is the case, then buying maps is the only option, I doubt that's it an easy job to modify the head unit to provide the audio from Windows CE on a separate line out.

Buying map is not a problem, but original navi software is not as good as cracked one, it does not accept my favourite dimka skin one of the disadvantages, as well as TTS pro voices not supported.

Fatboyfun wrote:Have a good look through the device menus just in case there's a sound mixer option.

I have already tried all the available options, no luck.
furat52 offline

Postby furat52 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:57 am

I have discoverd more details about this device, I installed garmin software, it worked but with no sound as well, the second thing, when I select usb as audio source the sound works normally in both Garmin and iGo Primo, when selecting any other source, radio, dvd...ets, no sound at all.
furat52 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:41 am

It does sound like you need modified software on this device, so it's unlikely you'll get it working with cracked software without using the USB workaround.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby furat52 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:27 pm

After tens of trial and error, I managed to solve the problem by adding these parameters to sys.txt, sound section:

std_muting_device_needed=1
app_message_start="NAV_VOICE_GUIDANCE"
app_wparam_start=1
app_message_stop="NAV_VOICE_GUIDANCE"
app_wparam_stop=0
effect_muted=1
use_os_volume=1

but the problem now is whenever the navi announce something or ding alert for speed camera, the other audio sources (radio,cd,dvd...) become mute.

any suggestion to solve this will be appreciated.
furat52 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Almost there, I'm wondering if this will work for navsure devices..?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby furat52 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Might be! give it ago
furat52 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:25 pm

If anyone has one, please try it and let us know...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core