Primo and HNR map files   

Primo and HNR map files

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 am

Mapsets (both TomTom/Teleatlas and Navteq) have been coming with HNR files for quite some time.
The theory behind these files is that they aid in the speed of calculating routes...particularly longer routes measured in triple digit kilometers/miles or more..by piecing together bits of pre-calculated pre-configured routes instead of starting from scratch every time. This can decrease the time it takes to calculate a route by a substantial amount of time.
The prevailing (and correct) advice has been that ALL maps for an HNR region had to be installed for HNR "Quick Routing" to work.
With full mapsets now totaling over 2 GB, this was a problem for some devices/SD Cards as far as the ability to store all these maps, so HNR was not even a possibility. If HNR files were in place in the ..content/map folder, and even a single country map for the HNR region was missing, in Help>About>More>Content, Preprocessed Road Network was shown as [color="#FF0000"]red[/color] (meaning 'inactive') and details complained about missing maps files.

However, if you want to try HNR files (you do a lot of long distance routing), but you do not necessarily need ALL of the Western Europe (for example) maps on a regular basis, add the following to Primo's sys.txt:
Code: Select all
[route]
hnr_ignored_missing_country_ids=*

Then put the associated regional *.hnr files in your ..content/map folder, restart, any missing maps are ignored, and HNR should function with the remaining maps that are present.

I cannot personally confirm with certainty that this works (I do little/no long distance routing), but I can confirm that in Help>About>More>Content>Preprocessed Road Network, it no longer shows in [color="#FF0000"]red[/color] nor complains about "Missing files".
So it should work.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 pm

hi
i assume if u make the suggested change to systxt u need to delete the save folder & and re do all ur settings etc.?
i know u can put userpoi's back in but can u save other system/skin settings to put back in the save folder?
thku
Primo 1.1 [GJA_Dafunk 2.23 with Truck Scheme] on ViaMichelin X-980T [unlocked by VIMORO] ~[/font][size=85] [size=50]Pro: 416 MHz ~ Mem: 64 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM ~ OS: WinCE.net[/size] 5[/size][/font]
catsmokey offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:15 pm

catsmokey wrote:u need to delete the save folder & and re do all ur settings

Nope. No reason to do any of that. In testing I went back and forth with just the sys.txt changes and the use/not use of the HNR files responded accordingly.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Re: Primo and HNR map files

Postby ReKull » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:52 am

Sorry for posting in this old thread, but I just spent a few hours to solve the inactive Preprocessed Road Network issue and I thought I might spare others from wasting their time.

It didn't work for me just adding the „hnr_ignored_missing_country_ids” line to the sys.txt.
I finished up buying a new 8GB sd card and copied all the map files but the Preprocessed Road Network was still inactive. :bs_quesexclaim:

To cut the long story short, I finally found I had no license for the HNR files, so, before editing your sys.txt, you might wanna check in main menu >More>Help>About>More>Licenses then tap the license name and see if it covers the Preprocessed Road Network files.

Happy new year to all NaviTotal staff members & users! :023:
ReKull offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core