POI adding to Primo 2.0 file system   

POI adding to Primo 2.0 file system

Postby roy67ss » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:21 am

I am currently considering the purchase of a replacement Nav unit for my 2011 GMC truck. The 'Car Show CS-GM1210-US' is the unit and it is distributed out of Washington as well as Amazon. The unit is not cheap. It comes with IGo Primo 2.0 and is sold as a direct replacement for the factory unit. So, IGo is being sold in North America to many people who are not impressed with the factory offerings from GM and others. I am hesitant to purchase it until I know that I can add in poi files that I have created for my convenience. I have these files in a Kenwood unit that has Garmin gps so, the files are .csv files. Does anyone know if I can get these files into the poi folder/files/my categories system used by IGo. I have been reading for a few days on a few forums to try to find out if there is a way to convert the .csv files to .poi files as used by IGo but, I am not finding any useful information. Some information leads me to believe that the IGo unit can use .csv files but, I have not read any verification of this or found any tutorials on the process. Does anyone here have positive methods of achieving my goals?
roy67ss offline

Re: POI adding to Primo 2.0 file system

Postby katastrofe » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:36 am

I don't know if .csv is supported at all, but .kml files are. So what you need is

[Please Register or Login to download file]

On this forum is surely some information about how to use .kml in igo/primo
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby roy67ss » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Thanks for the reply,

I will continue to search for more info on editing the IGo files. I believe I can edit the branding.zip file with WinRAR and that should be where the poi file folders are located and that may be where I need to add the kml files. I have several thousand poi's in about a dozen categories that I want to add. I don't have the nav unit yet so I must do all this on the laptop and then hope it works on the unit.
roy67ss offline

Postby jtrosky » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:24 pm

Fyi, the GPS app and data are stored internally on that unit and there is no way to access the internal GPS files directly, so this is probably not possible.
jtrosky offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core