Post a reply

Need Help with system language

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi guys, sorry for if this thread is posted in the wrong spot.

I need help with my new gps system I purchased for my father. I bought this system...

I uploaded my iGo program onto it and everything works fine.

My problem is that I need Cantonese and/or Mandarin language on the gps system AND iGo software so my father can use it.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem ? :confused:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:21 pm

usef wrote:my iGo program onto it and everything works fine.

My problem is that I need Cantonese and/or Mandarin language on the gps system AND iGo

What version of iGo software?
I have Chinese (simple) and Chinese (traditional) for Primo. I don't know if you will get any closer than that.

Can't help you with the DEVICE language...probably nobody can except the manufacturer.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Hey thank you so much for the quick reply.

My iGo version is "Nav N Go iGo8 : 8.3.4.142975"

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention...

When i go into "settings>regional>program language", it shows the Chinese flags but with "squares" next to them. When I chose this option, it restarted and all the words were in the shape of a square.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:53 pm

usef wrote:iGo8 : 8.3.4.142975

Sorry..I don't think the language files for Primo will work for you.:(
You may have to wait and see if any iGo 8.3x users can help you.
:pray:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Alright, thanks though.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:29 pm

usef wrote:Sorry, I forgot to mention...

When i go into "settings>regional>program language", it shows the Chinese flags but with "squares" next to them. When I chose this option, it restarted and all the words were in the shape of a square.

This usually means there is no Chinese/Mandarin font (character set) within iGO

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:This usually means there is no Chinese/Mandarin font (character set) within iGO

Ok, well you you know how I can get the font on there ?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 pm

I have never needed to install a Chinese font into iGO, i don't know if it's even possible, I will look into it...

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:49 pm

From a quick Google search it appears there was a dedicated Chinese version of iGO, but it's quite old now and finding a valid link is going to be impossible in the current climate.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Guys,
You know there is a Chinese Navitotal forum that can be accessed from the main page here. I don't speak Chinese so I wouldn't be able to help more than this. But I do have the complete Cantonese Loquendo TTS.

EDIT: My apologies. It's not TTS.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Hey thanks for the help guys. I went onto the Chinese forum and found a "TAHOMA.TTF" file which i replaced the original ttf file and it works. Well kinda lol, all the letters are in Chinese now EXCEPT the bottom row where it shows "MAP-SETTINGS-EXIT". Those words for some reason still show in squares. Any ideas on why this is happening ?

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:16 pm

usef wrote:Hey thanks for the help guys. I went onto the Chinese forum and found a "TAHOMA.TTF" file which i replaced the original ttf file and it works. Well kinda lol, all the letters are in Chinese now EXCEPT the bottom row where it shows "MAP-SETTINGS-EXIT". Those words for some reason still show in squares. Any ideas on why this is happening ?

This is a question that you should be asking in the Chinese forum not here in English.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:33 pm

chas521 wrote:This is a question that you should be asking in the Chinese forum not here in English.

I don't know how to write in Chinese. I used "Google TRANSLATE" with the thread and got the instructions in English.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:37 pm

usef wrote:I don't know how to write in Chinese. I used "Google TRANSLATE" with the thread and got the instructions in English.

Wish I could help you with the Chinese thing but I have enough trouble with just English LOL. Here's a suggestion. Send a PM to Capo [Navitotal admin] and ask him if he could tell you who the mods are there for iGO. Perhaps one of them can speak/write English.
Post a reply