Navman S30 Igo autorun problems   

Navman S30 Igo autorun problems

Postby funkoligy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:25 am

Hi im trying to put iGO Maps a Navman S30 I have 224MB internal memory to work with.I have installed windows CE and I have made a Autorun button in start menu to run Primo2 which is on a sd card called storage card, and I can run Primo2 no problem and it find satellite no problem. I tried to put full Europe on sd card but i had to reduce it cause i was getting not enough memory to run program so when i reduced it all is fine. Ok here is my problems when i reboot a few times (not all the time) i keep getting program memory low so i go to start/setting/system/system properties/memory and i adjust the sliding bar to 192MB as 160 is in use and iGO runs great but the level keeps changing to 512MB and hence i keep getting not enough program memory space. How do i stop this from changing it driving me crazy.

And one more problem i want to auto run igo on bootup with out selecting start and Autorun i just want it to boot straight in, is this possible i have followed the instructions below and i still cant do it, im new to this. any help please and keep it simple Thanks in advance

How do i get a shortcut on the desktop?
Open notepad on your PC and type...
"\My Flash Disk\Primo2\Primo2.exe" Which is the path to the executable on your device within quotes
Count all the characters 34 in the above example
Arrange the text like this...
34#"\My Flash Disk\Primo2\Primo2.exe"
Save the file as...
iGO Primo.lnk That's LiNK not INK
Make sure it's iGO Primo.lnk and not iGO Primo.lnk.txt
Your PC will hide .lnk so you'll just have an icon called iGO Primo
If Primo is installed on a SD card then substitute Storage Card for My Flash Disk.
Copy this file to the...
Program Files\Unlock\Desktop folder to have it on your desktop OR Program Files\Unlock\Programs to have it in the Start menu.
Sometimes the Desktop and Programs folders are in the drive root!

PS: i don't have a folder called unlock what i have is : program files/navman (where i assume the unlock folder should be ?) etc.

How can i get iGO to start automatically?
Make a shortcut as explained in How do i get a shortcut on the desktop?
Rename iGO Primo.lnk to Autorun.lnk and copy it to the Unlock folder and iGO Primo will autostart when the device is rebooted, When you exit iGO Primo the desktop appears.
NOTE: Because iGO Primo takes a few moments to open a window, The desktop application may open the taskbar which remains in view, You can minimize the taskbar by tapping the Windows icon.

Not happening for me i don't know where im going wrong?

PS: I unlocked with Mio Moov unlock it unlocked fine but no on screen icons but that's ok as I made a autorun button in the start bar.
funkoligy offline

Postby NRT » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:11 am

What did you do to unlock the S30? You are always going to run out of memory on the S30 when running Primo, suggest you stick with iGO8.3
You will always get the task bar showing up when you auto run Primo or iGO.
iGO can be made to sleep when the power is removed (turning off the car) and turn on again when you start the car without it the GPS crashing but is quite complicated to set up.
You would be better of buying a cheap GPS from ebay which can run Primo in all its glory.
NRT offline

User avatar Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:11 am

The S30 only has 32MB of ram, primo 2 is never going to work.

All you can do is use a stripped down version of iGO 8.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby funkoligy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:47 am

ok thanks for info I will start again and try iGO8 ill let you know the outcome o and I used Mio Moov Unlock
funkoligy offline

Postby funkoligy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:51 pm

UPDATE: igo 8 failed and primo is running ok apart from the memory issue is there any program files I can delete to increase the space so it an run ok ?
funkoligy offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:07 pm

There is absolutely no way that iGO8 could fail and Primo could work. Unless you got it from another site and not from Navitotal.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby funkoligy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:10 pm

ok ill re download for this site and retry the install thanks chas521
funkoligy offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:14 pm

funkoligy wrote:ok ill re download for this site and retry the install thanks chas521

You want this. Ask me how to minimize..
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-16-2011

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby funkoligy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi ok I have downloaded igo8 so what can i delete to reduce. thanks o also should i do a fresh unlock of my navman ie start fresh again ? i was also putting Europe maps on is that ok or am i limited to a few countries ?
funkoligy offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:39 pm

To minimize: 1. Delete the TTS_LOQ folder 2. There are 5.dlls. You're gonna delete 4 of them but not gpstmc.dll 3. Delete all the TTS voices from content\voice leaving only the non-TTS voices 4. Include your content to the appropriate content folders 5. Delete all dem and building files from your content 5. Reduce the area or delete the speedcam files.

No need to unlock again.

EDIT: You should try to keep the map content to an area that is smaller than entire Europe due to your lower memory.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby funkoligy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:05 pm

ok ill let you know if all is good Thanks
funkoligy offline

Postby funkoligy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:34 pm

UPDATE : First thanks chas521 for your help. Igo8 full or reduced version has failed completely but Primo 2 works fine except for the memory /program slider still moving from 192kb to 512kb if I could keep it a 192kb,primo would work a dream. So conclusion can anyone help to keep windows ce memory allocation slider at 194kb I need to freeze or lock it at that level. Any help at all is welcome thanks ppl

PS: I got all igo material from this site before any says "if its not from this site it wont work".

Im also doing this cause its a challenge as im learning so as some ppl have suggested get another sat nav I have many this is for learning and I know maps can run on S30 as I have seen it working on one but I did not know the installer to get the info.
funkoligy offline

Postby NRT » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:21 pm

What do you mean by failed completely? It does work well on the S30.
You are never going to get Primo to run without the memory problem.
NRT offline

User avatar Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm

funkoligy wrote:192mb to 512mb

I'd like to know where these figures are coming from..?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby funkoligy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:38 am

sorry the figures were wrong I was worn out with the navman its 192kb and 512kb. These figures come from settings/system/system properties/memory there is a slider to allocate space to either memory or programs. The system is taken or using 160kb so the slider can go below 160kb and runs well very well at 192kb primo has no problems but the navman each time I boot the slider movers to 512kb which reduced the space to run program if I could lock the slider at 192kb all would be fine and primo would run like a dream. I hope this will explain it better. sorry its late here. I have tried to install igo8 for 2 days now so many versions and all have failed to work except Primo 2. thanks
funkoligy offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core