Make your own alert points   

Make your own alert points

Postby Skezza » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Is it possible to create your own alert points? Obviously speedcam etc is already there, but I would like to add some others that aren't POI's.
Skezza offline

Re: Make your own alert points

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Skezza wrote:Is it possible to create your own alert points? Obviously speedcam etc is already there, but I would like to add some others that aren't POI's.

Sure you can. There are free sites on the net where you can get the necessary files.

Put all bmp files into folder "\iGO\content\userdata\usericon"

How to install poi:
------------------------
Put all kml files into folder "\iGO\content\userdata\poi"

Here's one: [Please Register or Login to download file] Another: [Please Register or Login to download file] You might need this one: [Please Register or Login to download file]
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Skezza » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:22 pm

But they're not alert points, these are POI's, while they're okay, they don't alert the driver when one is approaching.
Skezza offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:45 pm

OK, I misread your post - sorry. I'm pretty sure that you can add an alert point (camera etc.) by clicking on something (add) on the Primo map page. I don't use Primo anymore (igo8) so I'm not completely sure.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Skins add the ability to scan the flash drives for external sound effects (wav's). The dimka skin does. The option is buried deep within the sound settings and is not obvious though.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Sorry misread the post, but again skins like dimka give the option to add cameras by an on screen button.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:41 pm

We are talking speedcams, correct? There is another way if you want to do it manually but you need to know the coordinates of the specific location. That is to edit [add] the speedcam.txt in content\speedcam and then save the document. Just follow the previous examples in it.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Skezza » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:02 am

Actually, they are ANPR cameras, I figured rather than putting them in the Speedcam alerts, I'd like to make their own alert point, so, Serena, my TTS could say "A N P R Camera" ahead or something? I've seen it done on other iGo with stuff like electric charge points etc?

I just don't understand how they edit the software to read your custom alerts
Skezza offline

Postby morco » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:18 pm

you need to edit the variable_def.ui

look for this section
Code: Select all
<userlist extendedSpeedCamList text="str" id="int" visual="bool" audio="int" visible="bool" speedlimit="bool" useroadspeedlimit="bool">
    <view visibility_filter=visible/>
    <default visible=1 speedlimit=true useroadspeedlimit=true>
    <row Alert00 text="Speed Camera"               id=0  visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(0))  visible=(%lua.speedcamAllowed) >
    <row Alert01 text="Mobile Speed Camera"        id=1  visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(1))  visible=(%lua.speedcamAllowed) >
    <row Alert02 text="Built-in Speed Camera"      id=2  visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(2))  visible=(%lua.speedcamAllowed) >
    <row Alert03 text="Average Speed Camera"       id=3  visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(3))  visible=(%lua.speedcamAllowed && %lua.CSpdFilter) >
    <row Alert04 text="Red Light Camera"           id=4  visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(4))  visible=(%lua.speedcamAllowed) >
    <row Alert11 text="Red Light and Speed Camera" id=11 visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(11)) visible=(%lua.speedcamAllowed) >
    <row Alert07 text="Bus Lane Camera"            id=7  visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(7))  visible=(%lua.speedcamAllowed) >
    <row Alert06 text="Railroad Crossing"          id=6  visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(6))>
    <row Alert08 text="High Accident Zone"         id=8  visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(8))>
    <row Alert09 text="School Zone"                id=9  visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(9))>
    <row Alert10 text="Town Entry Point"           id=10 visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(10))>
    <row Alert12 text="Toll Booth"                 id=12 visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(12))>
    <row Alert13 text="Hospital, Ambulance"        id=13 visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(13))>
    <row Alert14 text="Fire Station"               id=14 visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(14))>
    <row Alert15 text="Congestion Charge Zone"     id=15 visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(15))>
    <row Alert31 text="Dangerous Area"             id=31 visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(31))>
</userlist>

add for example
----------------------
<row alert20 text="ANPR cameras" id=20 visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(20))>
or
<row text="ANPR cameras" id=20 visual=0 audio=0 useroadspeedlimit=(sc_SpeedcameraUseRoadSpeedLimit(20))>

depending on which version you are using

the id [ alert 20 , id=20 & (20)) ] needs to match the "type" in your "ANPR cameras" text (speedcam.txt)

example
-------------------
X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DirType,Direction

in this case it is 19 , so you would need to change the id from 20 to 19

-----------------------------------------

add to your sys.txt

example ----

[speedcam_category:19]
activated_spoken_type=speech
activated_speech="Warning, A N P R Camera ahead"

if you want to change icons from the standard speed camera image you will need to edit
ico_speedcams.bmp and speedwarn1.bmp
morco offline

Postby Skezza » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:18 am

This looks perfect.

Thank you :D
Skezza offline

Postby Skezza » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:23 pm

So, I've already got some speedcam icons with the Decent Skin. How can I make ones for the 'A N P R Camera'? Do I have to alter the larger globa BMP's which have loads of different icon images in the same strip or do I have to drop new bmps for that particular speedcam?

I'm really close here :D :D :D

Thanks by the way
Skezza offline

Postby morco » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:33 pm

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the dimka skins and the options it has available.

The ico_speedcams.bmp and speedwarn1.bmp is like you have said , a strip of 32 images. Starting from the top the ID/TYPE number starts at 0 down to 31.
You will need IPAQ31x explorer or similar to convert the image to png format . Then edit/change the image that corresponds to your ID/Type number.
paintshop pro is a good program for doing this.
Once done ,convert the images back to the igo bmp format.

Remember if you are using a skin this will override any changes you make to the data.zip.
If the skin contains a variable_def.ui, ico_speedcams.bmp and speedwarn1.bmp files, then these are the ones that will require modification.
hope this helps : )
morco offline

Postby hairydog » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Skezza wrote:Actually, they are ANPR cameras
What is the point of warnings for ANPR cameras? You can hardly rush out and get MOT, insurance and tax before you drive past them!
hairydog offline

Postby Skezza » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:45 pm

hairydog wrote:
Skezza wrote:Actually, they are ANPR cameras
What is the point of warnings for ANPR cameras? You can hardly rush out and get MOT, insurance and tax before you drive past them!

Totally agree, but you can actively avoid them. Plus they aren't just logging MOT, Insurance and TAX ;)
Skezza offline

Postby hairydog » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:20 pm

Totally agree, but you can actively avoid them. Plus they aren't just logging MOT, Insurance and TAX
They are not logging any of those. They are logging the number plate passing, and checking the associated records (and more).

I can see reasons to be concerned about ANPR, but it is not possible to avoid ANPR cameras. Just about every police traffic car (marked or unmarked) has one, and lots of ANPR cameras are well hidden. Others are glaringly visible.
hairydog offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core