Insert Via?   

Insert Via?

Postby Black Wolf » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Hello everbody,

my question is next, if somebody has expirience with this thing, i want to change my route in IGO8.3 - 3 november version to another one than one application suggest me...

Exactlier i want to use option INSER VIA, to add some another city on suggested route, to change route manually, cause for region where i want to travel, igo suggest me some route which isn't ok for me!

When i try to use option INSERT VIA, it's disabled - grayed ... Why this happen ? And how can i enable option INSERT VIA for IGO8.3 - 3 november 2009 version, maybe in sys.txt or it's disabled in .exe, and maybe i have to use some another version, like june 25, 13 august 2009, or?

And where is this option INSERT VIA in PRIMO , i just found kinds of routes in PRIMO, like economic, easy, fast, etc. but that's not solution for thing which i want, like changing route manually, like with insert via option in igo8.3 ?

Tnx!

Big greetzz to all of you! ;)
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby nabi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:33 pm

I found the how (I knew it could) but to explain I prefer the manual ;)

3.2 Creating a multi-point route (inserting a via point)
Multi-point routes are created from simple routes, so a route must be active first. One of the
ways of expanding the route is to keep the destination, and to add via points (intermediate
destinations).
This feature is available in Advanced mode only.
1. Select a new location as you did in the previous sections. This will be the additional
destination in the route.
2. The map appears with the selected point in the middle, and the Cursor menu opens
automatically.
3. Tap to add the point as an intermediate destination preceding the
final destination of the route.
4. [optional] To add more points to the route, repeat the above steps
you like.
If you insert a via point in a route that is already a multi-point route, you
taken to the Edit Route screen where you can determine the position of the
point. When you enter the screen, the new via point is placed as the last
final destination. The new point is the selected point in the list.
Then you can move up or down a selected point by using the arrow buttons.

I have no special items in sys.txt.

So the answer is not what you expect. ;) But none of my iGO's gives me that problem of a greyed out via option.
I suppose the DATA.ZIP got corrupted somehow.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby NorbertBL » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:45 pm

In "Primo" it is easy,go to "change route" and tap on the +between Start point and target and search for a viapoint. In this way you can make more viapoints.

NB
NorbertBL offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby nabucco » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:30 pm

NorbertBL wrote:In "Primo" it is easy,go to "change route" and tap on the +between Start point and target and search for a viapoint. In this way you can make more viapoints.

NB

Or go to create route and when you tap a destination it will ask you if it will be a destination or via.
nabucco offline

Postby Black Wolf » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:15 pm

People, nabi , norbi ;) , nabucco, tnx all of you very much, i'll try your suggestions, and i'll post here results ;) !

Nabi, i'm not sure what's problem with my data.zip and branding.zip for igo8.3.x.x i have them a long time , i'm not sure where i found them, if i remember good i found these 2 files earlier for some pda device, even both of these files worked for many PNA devices... and on my pna 4.8" :) ...

I'll try your suggested files from these links, i download them now, and i'll try them on my device 4.8" ... I didn't use before inser via :) , and firstly now when i tried , it was disbaled, strange for me, cause this functions is very nice, cause igo doesn't always calculate the best and the shortest route :)...

Norbi and nabucco tnx for tips for igo Primo, i'll try to use on that way, i have standard data and branding zip files from JM firs release, do i need to use maybe some another data and brading files, for 4.8" PNA to be able to use Insert Via?

Once big tnx all of you!

Big greetzz ;)!

Nabi you by following your "manual" for igo8.3 it works like a charm ;)... Problem for grayed out inser via option or disabled is that i didn't have selected new via point , but with following your "manual" when i add new city for example in menu FIND after this option INSERT VIA beacme enabled and i could add new via point...

Similary is for Primo...

You can close this thread and declare like solved ;) , once big tnx guy for nice and fast help ;) , now i can edit suggested route from igo8.3 or primo like i want :)...
I'm all what I'm not!

Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby Black Wolf » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 pm

nabucco wrote:Or go to create route and when you tap a destination it will ask you if it will be a destination or via.

Hm strange i didn't see that question for decisicion of using destination or via, when i select destination, hmm... I use JM first - original release and data+branding from that release, withou some customized skin, like gurjon etc.. my device is 4.8" PNA...
I'm all what I'm not!

Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby Black Wolf » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:40 pm

NorbertBL wrote:In "Primo" it is easy,go to "change route" and tap on the +between Start point and target and search for a viapoint. In this way you can make more viapoints.

NB

Norbi, i knew for that solution, but it's not so nice, for people which aren't with more skill about primo :) , i asked for this to explain easier to my friends, which use primo, for me it wasn't problem i found that option, but it's not so practically :) ...

Anyway tnx...

p.s.
for mod, merge my post in one, sorry for making three post !
I'm all what I'm not!

Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Return to General Discussions about iGO core