iGo Primo - TTS Files SD Folder Location - Setup Help   

iGo Primo - TTS Files SD Folder Location - Setup Help

Postby KYZAAC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:32 pm

I've been searching and haven't found anything that works for me. I currently have "iGo-Primo 2.4-9.6.13 Complete" setup in my car. It works great, besides some random freezes and doesn't show the speed limit, the clock freezes, and bluetooth decides not to connect quite a bit, a few other things. I gues it works great when it works lol. Anyway I decided to add the TTS option. I don't even really know what TTS does, but from what it sounds like, it will explain the warnings rather then show them on the map?

I've added them to the SD Card, but when I go to Sounds & Warnings "TTS Pro" is still greyed out.

I followed the instructions on this page - languages-voices-speedcams-f84/igo-primo-nuance-tts-pro-voices-torrent-t9659.html - and put the files in the exact folders the guide says to, but the TTS Pro option is still greyed out. The zip files went into the Voices folder where I would choose the GPS Voice, but when selected nothing happens.

Am I missing something easy here??

Thanks
KYZAAC offline

Postby nabi » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:30 pm

I can't tell from here what you did wrong. Maybe the download is faulty, just one bit might be enough. Or maybe you did something wrong, used the wrong voices (not all voices give the expected result) , or something else, .... I am sure it's something small, but what ? A skin issue?
And because I do not use TTS, I am not even sure if 2.0 voices work on 2.4.
What is the upside of TTS then? For me personally: nothing at all. TTS announces streetnames. That's it. Don't expect more. Yes, it announces speed cams, but only in a general way ('speedcam ahead' so what speed? also red light? ....) . There are other ways that are better in my opinion (skin + audio file gives details about the cam)
TTS is ear candy, eating devices resources. But if you like it, ....

Since Primo 2.4 don't have much - nothing - to prefer it above 2.0 - even worse : as you noticed, 2.4 (in fact it is 2.1) is buggy, though newer versions are less, I would suggest you try this download and setup : program-data-zip-branding-zip-license-f83/igo-primo-build-211211-dec-2011-torrent-tbm-t9656.html
It's a stable Primo 2.0. Just keep in mind that newer Primo is not always better, but is nothing more than a navmakers adaption to a specific device. So in summary, there is nothing wrong with the older 2.0 like I suggest. in fact, it's even better.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby KYZAAC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:24 pm

Yea, It's not something I actually NEED, rather then just want to check it out.

So when I put the files in the voices folder, am I suppose to just pick one of the TTS files on the GPS I just added rather then a regular voice? When I go into Sounds & Warnings, should I be able to select the TTS Pro option? Or is being grayed out normal?

Because when I go into Voices, I see all the voices I added, included the originals I recently added a few days ago, like the UK, US, AU, etc, when I click them it gives you a sample of their accent, when I click the others I get no sample of their voice, so I assumed it was wrong and took it out and hooked it back up to the PC. I never actually tried to drive.
KYZAAC offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:54 am

To enable tts pro, you must have a tts pro voice selected in the voice settings.

If you want all the warnings read out then using a skin like dimka enables it.

To get tts working you need to install the engine and the voice file.

Also a lack of memory will disable the tts option (I think you can select the voice, but no demo is read out, and it reverts back)
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:58 pm

KYZAAC wrote:Yea, It's not something I actually NEED, rather then just want to check it out.

So when I put the files in the voices folder, am I suppose to just pick one of the TTS files on the GPS I just added rather then a regular voice? When I go into Sounds & Warnings, should I be able to select the TTS Pro option? Or is being grayed out normal?

Because when I go into Voices, I see all the voices I added, included the originals I recently added a few days ago, like the UK, US, AU, etc, when I click them it gives you a sample of their accent, when I click the others I get no sample of their voice, so I assumed it was wrong and took it out and hooked it back up to the PC. I never actually tried to drive.

Did you add the necessary info.ini entry in the voice file and the necessary sys.txt entry?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Re: iGo Primo - TTS Files SD Folder Location - Setup Help

Postby uaskedforit » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:50 pm

Hello,
I have the same IGo Primo 2.4 (9.6.13.267029). I am trying to add TTS Pro.
What kind changes need to be made in info.ini entry in the voice file and the sys.txt entry?
Also if anyone can provide TTS Pro download link, that would be appreciated.
Thanks.
uaskedforit offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core