Igo Primo 9.6 trip duration time update   

Igo Primo 9.6 trip duration time update

Postby GPSTUGA » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Dear community,

When I define a route, e.g. from Paris to London, IGO shows the remaining time to destination.
My question is:

Is there a way (sys.txt) to force a faster update of the remaining time?

When I start the trip, it showns me for instance, 3:45 hours to destination, when on reality during the trip it is updating (very slowly) the remaining time.

On highway I normally drive at 155 km/Hour (146 km/hour on the GPS) and on a 300 km distance the diference is +/- 35 minutes between first information (at departure) and final information (reaching the destination).

Thanks for your help.
GPSTUGA offline

Re: Igo Primo 9.6 trip duration time update

Postby jtrosky » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:53 pm

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question... The remaining time is constantly updated based on your current position and the *estimated* time remaining. This value goes up and down depending on how fast you drive, traffic, redlights, etc. It's *constantly* updating this data already, so there is no way to make it update any faster.

You have to remember, the GPS application bases the arrival time on speed limits, road types, etc, so it's never going to be exact.

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
jtrosky offline

Postby GPSTUGA » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:34 pm

You are correct BUT the update is very slow, you know? I'm constantly driving to south (more than 300 km's far) and sometimes the difference on first estimated time in arrival reaches 45 minutes.
As 95% of the trip is in highway, I was wondering if the update of the time of arrival would be faster. If I do, for instance 150km/hour for 30 minutes, the GPS/software should correct and update the arrival time faster and it doesn't.
I though that the GPS/software was constantly checking the position and updating immediaty the remaining time. I'm a 4 hour drive the error in terms of time accuracy is huge.
When I leave home (2 km's away from the highway) the ETA is 3,50 hours, I keep driving and after 15 minutes at 150 km/hour, the ETA is like 3,48 minutes. If I take google maps in my iPhone the update is much more faster. I think each minute the google maps gives me a new ETA.

Hope I made my self understood.

Thank you.
GPSTUGA offline

Postby jtrosky » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:49 pm

What OS do you run iGo on? I use Primo 9.6.13.405512 on WinCE 5 and the arrive time is constantly updated (immediately as it changes). Yes, it may be 30 minutes off when I leave my house, but it is constantly updating as I lose or make-up time along the way.

For example, the arrive time (and or remaining time) on mine will slowly go down (arrive sooner) as I go over the speed limit on the highway. Like I said, it's constantly updated on my device (a 2DIN headunit).

Are you running on Android or WInCE? Exactly what version are you using and on what device? Maybe this is an Android-specific issue?

jtrosky offline

Postby GPSTUGA » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:54 pm

jtrosky wrote:What OS do you run iGo on? I use Primo 9.6.13.405512 on WinCE 5 and the arrive time is constantly updated (immediately as it changes). Yes, it may be 30 minutes off when I leave my house, but it is constantly updating as I lose or make-up time along the way.

For example, the arrive time (and or remaining time) on mine will slowly go down (arrive sooner) as I go over the speed limit on the highway. Like I said, it's constantly updated on my device (a 2DIN headunit).

Are you running on Android or WInCE? Exactly what version are you using and on what device? Maybe this is an Android-specific issue?

I'm running Primo 9.6.13.268494 under WinCE in my indash OE VW Golf MK7 composition media headunit and the update is very slow ...
at 150 km/hour the arrival time should change at, I think every 2/3 minutes, because the distance made is significant +/- 10 km in 3 minutes, I'm not sure, but in my case, the update takes like 10/15 minutes.
GPSTUGA offline

Postby jtrosky » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:05 pm

Are you willing to try 405512, just in case it's a bug in the version that you are using? If so, let me know and I'll provide a link... I've found that 405512 is the best version of Primo 2.4. It also supports both Nuance and Loquendo TTS voices, which a lot of versions do not.

jtrosky offline

Postby GPSTUGA » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:00 pm

jtrosky wrote:Are you willing to try 405512, just in case it's a bug in the version that you are using? If so, let me know and I'll provide a link... I've found that 405512 is the best version of Primo 2.4. It also supports both Nuance and Loquendo TTS voices, which a lot of versions do not.

Sure! Please send the link.

Thanks
GPSTUGA offline

Postby jtrosky » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:19 pm

Here is a link to Primo 2.4 (9.6.13.405512) - you want to use the "WD" executable. Basically, I think you can just replace your existing .exe file with the one from this archive and that's probably all you'd need to do. You might want to replace data.zip as well (or at least try it), just in case it's different with 405512.

I'm curious to here if it makes any difference...
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Also, here is my 2DIN version of the Decent skin - you may want to try it - it's a great skin:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
jtrosky offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core