Igo Primo TMC What Unit????   

Postby nanocom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Talaki wrote:Now you can use TMC with mio device in primo 1.2. I have a mio moov spirit S-505 and reception work fine.

Hello Talaki...

Are you already on the forum ?

Can you send us a copy of your Spirit S-505 "SYS.TXT" file ?
We will appreciate it.
Thanks.
nanocom offline

Postby maa1506 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Any updates on this?
Currently have one of the cheap chinese units, more than happy with Primo 2, but would prefer if possible to have a unit with tmc.
Any suggestions please?
maa1506 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:07 am

A unit with a built-in TMC chip is best (with only the small antenna wire to plug in), but getting harder to find.
Theoretically, any GPS unit with a USB port can use an external TMC module/receiver (available many places and on-line), but universal compatibility cannot be assured. In most cases, with an external module, the module is plugged into the device USB port, and then the standard (USB-based) charger cable is plugged into the TMC module. This powers the TMC module and also the device. But again, it depends how the USB port on the device is wired internally. If the device USB port is not capable of being both for power and USB input, then it won't work. If a particular seller can recommend a particular external TMC module, then that would be the one to go with. Otherwise, it's a gamble.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby maa1506 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks for that, hopefully someone will come up with a model or make to look out for
maa1506 offline

Postby noobixent » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:18 am

Are there anymore units that are originally equipped with TM hardware that can work with iGO's TMC function other than the one posted above?

I am looking to get either one of these:

[Please Register or Login to download file]

[Please Register or Login to download file]

any of you guys have any success with Magellan hardware TMC?

I currently own a 7" magellan that has no TMC hardware. so I like the way iGO Primo works on Magellan hardware. Open to more suggestions please
noobixent offline

Postby maa1506 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Just an update on this, bought a Navman Spirit 575 which are available quite cheap off flea bay. Used the visual unlock software from the Mio section of the forum and have now got tmc working with the new igo primo i3 without any problems.
maa1506 offline

Postby markrl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 am

I have a couple of Becker Z101's that work perfectly with iGo TMC without any modification. These were brilliant little navi's and very easy to hack. I bought the second one from ebay as new complete with accessories and leather Becker case for just £26. They are very worth seeking out and pop up on eBay quite regularly. The irony is that on the original Navigon software there was no UK TMC only the free channels in Europe. Get rid of the Navigon software, install iGo and you will get UK TMC and other premium channels.
markrl offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about iGO core