iGo-Primo 2.4-9.6.13 Music Player   

iGo-Primo 2.4-9.6.13 Music Player

Postby jimjones666 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:39 am

I store my music on the SD card and use iGo-Primo 2.4-9.6.13 music player to play music, as the music player on my head unit is rubbish.
There are a few problems with it, the worst being if you are playing a song and you trun off the ignition and come back it wont remember the song you were on, it just remembers the album and starts the album again from song 1.
There are 3 ways to sort music on the player once you hit the playlists button.
1. All Tracks
2. Artist
3. Album
I pick Artist, select an atrist then it lists the albums so I choose an album then hit play all.

Also it wont let you choose the location of where you store your music, instead it will search EVERY location, including local storage and any USB connected, then show you all music and sound files not just the ones you need. The process of searching takes a LONG time, so when you hit the playlists button you will sit there for a while before it gives you the sort options above.

Does anyone know any way to tweak the program so it will remember the song you are on, not just the album also anyone know a way to make it look for music in one specific location?

Any help appreciated, thanks.
jimjones666 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:58 am

I don't use a Music Player but isn't there some sort of setting [option] that you can modify the path with?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jimjones666 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:29 pm

@ chas521. Not that I could find, but I'll have another look.
jimjones666 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:32 pm

If you can look into the Music Player folder, perhaps there is a path command there?.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby furat52 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:36 pm

jimjones666 wrote:also anyone know a way to make it look for music in one specific location?

add the following two entries to your sys.tx might solve this issue, primo will only look in music and picture folders in SD card, make a folder in your SD card name it MUSIC and put all your music files there:

[oasis]
exclude_directories="PICTURE::%myflashdisk%,PICTUR E::%sdcard%,MUSIC::%myflashdisk%,MUSIC::%sdcard%"
include_directories="PICTURE::%sdcard%/Photos,MUSIC::%sdcard%/Music"
furat52 offline

Postby jimjones666 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:54 pm

@ furat52
Thanks for the tip I will try it out. I already have all my music in a MUSIC folder on the SD card.

Now I just have to figure out how to make it remember the song it was on and not just the album when the car is started. I think if it remembers the album there must be a way for it to remember the song.
jimjones666 offline

Postby furat52 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:14 pm

jimjones666 wrote:figure out how to make it remember the song it was on

I was trying to figure this out for a while, but no luck, if you find any solution please post it hear.
furat52 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm

To remember the song that was playing, iGO would need to save the filename and path somewhere.

If it doesn't, this option isn't available.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:15 pm

I've been doing this gps modding for years now and I never heard of what you want regarding a song - sorry.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Skezza » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:24 pm

Two things to note:

1. The music player in iGo is basic. It's not meant to be clever, or intuitive. If you're using it as an every day solution I'd stop and consider Nitrogen or something a little more user friendly. If you're using it for navigating with, I don't understand what's wrong with the SD card reader that I'm sure your head unit has (they usually do).

2. The WinCE side of your head unit may have reduced sound quality compared to the radio, CD player, SD/USB player that is on the non-WinCE side. You may be disappointed.
Skezza offline

Postby jimjones666 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:15 am

Fatboyfun wrote:To remember the song that was playing, iGO would need to save the filename and path somewhere.

If it doesn't, this option isn't available.

It remembers the album that you were listening to so I'm assuming that it saves this info somewhere. The goal would be to get it to remember the song on the album so it doesn't just start at the beginning of the album each time.

Skezza wrote:Two things to note:

1. The music player in iGo is basic. It's not meant to be clever, or intuitive. If you're using it as an every day solution I'd stop and consider Nitrogen or something a little more user friendly. If you're using it for navigating with, I don't understand what's wrong with the SD card reader that I'm sure your head unit has (they usually do).

2. The WinCE side of your head unit may have reduced sound quality compared to the radio, CD player, SD/USB player that is on the non-WinCE side. You may be disappointed.

Sorry I dont know much about these Head Units and sometimes i think maybe I should have got an android unit instead, but its too late now.

My head unit has a music player but it is A LOT worse than the one on iGO it wont even sort the music at all. I would give "Nitrogen or something a little more user friendly" a go but I have no idea how to change the music player on my head unit as it has firmware on it and I do not know how to access the WinCE interface.
Not sure what you mean by "what's wrong with the SD card reader that I'm sure your head unit has (they usually do)" The head unit has one SD card slot that is what i am running iGO off and have my music folder on.

"2. The WinCE side of your head unit may have reduced sound quality compared to the radio, CD player, SD/USB player that is on the non-WinCE side. You may be disappointed. "
I thought the whole unit used WinCE?
jimjones666 offline

Postby jimjones666 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:51 am

furat52 wrote:add the following two entries to your sys.tx might solve this issue, primo will only look in music and picture folders in SD card, make a folder in your SD card name it MUSIC and put all your music files there:

[oasis]
exclude_directories="PICTURE::%myflashdisk%,PICTUR E::%sdcard%,MUSIC::%myflashdisk%,MUSIC::%sdcard%"

Thanks furat52 this works great does exactly what i want.
jimjones666 offline

Postby jimjones666 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:18 am

I seem to have found the answer to both the problems I had.
Part 1 was fixed with the help of furat52.
This tells iGO specifically where to look for music.

add the following two entries to your sys.tx might solve this issue, primo will only look in music and picture folders in SD card, make a folder in your SD card name it MUSIC and put all your music files there:

[oasis]

Part 2 was getting it to remember the song.
After a lot of looking I found the skin ZoZo v.2.4.1 (Silver - Gold 800×480 P2.4) found here
[Please Register or Login to download file]

After installing this skin which is really cool because you can set it up to have music player buttons straight on the map and this saves you going into the music player. I also did the following which was suggested in another forum.
the playlist needs to be in a file called autosave_audio.m3u.sav in save\profiles\01. I copied the text in my file lastlist.m3u.sav in save\profiles\01 to the suggested location and name.
Not sure if this step is necessary but I did it anyhow.

Now when I restart the car the song in the music player is the one that I was on before I turned the engine off.

As for the suggestion from Skezza about using a different more user friendly program, I tried a lot of other winCE music players and Nitrogen looked the best but it seemed to only use a file structured sorting method so there was no option for playing by artist or album there was over 4 button selections to do this as you have to go through the file system and select folders to play. In the iGO music player you can get to the artist in a couple of clicks. For me I will be sticking to the iGO music player, its not perfect but with the new skin it is the best I have found.
jimjones666 offline

Postby helsayes » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 am

:02.47-tranquillity:
Thank You all, especially furat52. . The problem I faced with Igo primo GPS navigator gadget viz. "No music to select" has been solved by following your advice.:cheerful::yahoo:
helsayes offline

Re: iGo-Primo 2.4-9.6.13 Music Player

Postby jkw51 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi
I cant get mine to play I added the txt file to sys.txt in the root of the flash memory and put songs in the directory Music on the sd card but it just say no music selected.
Do I need something else?
jkw51 offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core