iGO Primo No Alert Settings / No speed cameras?   

iGO Primo No Alert Settings / No speed cameras?

Postby marcy99 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:04 am

I have just installed iGO Primo 9.6.9.216604 Dec 16 2011. I am trying to get the speed cameras working However, I can't see how to enable them?

I can see that I have speed camera files if I look at the contents folder. However, if I go to settings, sounds and warnings, there is no [b]alert settings[b] under [b]speed warning[b] settings, is this because I am using an old version of iGO for the iPHONE?

Can anyone help?
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:09 am

I have absolutely no idea about iPhone, but if it is similar in operation to the WinCE and Android versions, the 'warning' settings do not show up until 1) the speedcam files are present and 2) a satellite lock is obtained.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcy99 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:31 pm

The files I have in the speedcam folder are:

speedcam.spdb 581kb
Speeddates.spud 0kb

no text file?

any ideas?
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby chas521 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:45 pm

marcy99 wrote:The files I have in the speedcam folder are:

speedcam.spdb 581kb
Speeddates.spud 0kb

no text file?

any ideas?

You MUST have a satellite lock to see the speedcam warning option.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:47 pm

marcy99 wrote:speedcam.spdb 581kb

Was that created by a *.txt file you put there?
Or just copied from another device/install...that won't work usually. If so, delete it and replace with a txt file for your region. Then restart and see what happens.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcy99 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:Was that created by a *.txt file you put there?
Or just copied from another device/install...that won't work usually. If so, delete it and replace with a txt file for your region. Then restart and see what happens.

I have changed the spud and spbd speed cam file to txt and I have created a sys.txt to enable to speed cameras. If I go in to about, content I can see that the camera file is there, however, still no alert setting for it. My next plan is to take apart a working wince igo primo and see if I can tinker that way. However, any input greatly received.

For the record I have a satelite lock :)
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby chas521 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi Marcy,
In the options after you've gotten a satellite lock, click the box to activate the speedcam warnings. I also think there is a sub-option to see them [visually] and hear them [audio]. Also, you START with a speedcam.txt that goes into content\speedcam - the only thing that should be in the folder. When you next start the program, "initializing warning" will appear. This means that Primo is creating the files it needs.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcy99 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:09 pm

chas521 wrote:Hi Marcy,
In the options after you've gotten a satellite lock, click the box to activate the speedcam warnings. I also think there is a sub-option to see them [visually] and hear them [audio]. Also, you START with a speedcam.txt that goes into content\speedcam - the only thing that should be in the folder. When you next start the program, "initializing warning" will appear. This means that Primo is creating the files it needs.

I grabbed the europe igo from here and The only thing that is in the speed camera folder to start with is the 2 files

Speedcam.spbd and SpeedcamUpdates.spud (I have changed these 2 files to .txt and they now appear in 'about' 'content' 'alert types' however, under 'settings' 'sounds and warnings' there is no option to enable speed cameras.

There is no initializing warning after restart
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:21 pm

marcy99 wrote:I grabbed the europe igo from here and The only thing that is in the speed camera folder to start with is the 2 files

Speedcam.spbd and SpeedcamUpdates.spud [color="#FF0000"](I have changed these 2 files to .txt[/color] and they now appear in 'about' 'content' 'alert types' however, [color="#008000"]under 'settings' 'sounds and warnings' there is no option to enable speed cameras.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]There is no initializing warning after restart[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]These files are generated by Primo, Just place the .txt file in the speedcam folder ON IT'S OWN![/color]

[color="#008000"]Look in Settings -> Alert point settings -> Alert point warnings[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]This doesn't appear on primo, it just appears to freeze for 15-20 seconds while loading.[/color]
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:13 pm

@marcy99

You want ONLY the .txt file and nothing more http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10595-Europe-Speedcams-07-2012-for-iGO Delete everything from the content\speedcam folder and put in only a .txt file from the download. Primo will then create all the files that it needs when you restart the program. Initializing warning message will appear when the program is starting. It will appear on the loading page. Do not put in a lot of speedcam .txts because it may cause error messages.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcy99 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 am

chas521 wrote:@marcy99

You want ONLY the .txt file and nothing more http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10595-Europe-Speedcams-07-2012-for-iGO Delete everything from the content\speedcam folder and put in only a .txt file from the download. Primo will then create all the files that it needs when you restart the program. Initializing warning message will appear when the program is starting. It will appear on the loading page. Do not put in a lot of speedcam .txts because it may cause error messages.

I have followed your instructions to the tee. I deleted everything from the speedcam folder and copy and pasted the GB speedcam.txt file to the speedcam folder. I restarted the Iphone and.....nothing....it just went straight to the menu. Under 'about' 'contents' 'alert points' I can see "SpeeCamera" 521kb of data. However, under 'settings' 'sounds and warnings' there is no tab for "alert settings". All I have is:

• Volume
  • Voice Language
  • TTS PRO
  • VERBOSITY LEVEL
  • SPEED WARNING SETTINGS

Unlike my WinCE device there is no alert setting under speed warning setting.

Next step is to look at the sys.txt!
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:40 am

I have no experience with the iPhone version, Multipazz might know.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcy99 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:58 am

I have got it working now, thanks for the help. I am going to write a tutorial for all those who are interested I will post it later.
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 am

We look forward to it...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcy99 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:05 pm

iGO Primo Speed Camera Installation and Enabling

1. Download Speed Camera txt file from here – http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10595-Europe-Speedcams-07-2012-for-iGO
2. Insert downloaded Speed Camera txt file in to Speedcam folder on the iphone. *You can do this by downloading a free program called iFunbox (google)
3. Once you have installed iFunBox and plugged your iPhone in, under the iFunbox Classic Tab go to
‘Raw File System’ – ‘var’ – ‘mobile’ – ‘Applications’ – iGO World – iGO World – content – Speedcam
4. Lastly you have to edit your sys.txt file, to do this go to ‘Raw File System’ – ‘var’ – ‘mobile’ – ‘Applications’ – iGO World – iGO World – look for the last file sys.txt – Extract to PC – open sys.txt file and add the following text (please be advised that you may or may not need all these extra commands, however, this is what has worked for me)

[folders]
secondary_app="../Documents/"

[3d_config]
disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=1
use_all_building_textures=1
fade_distance_for_car=0
fade_distance_for_guidance_arrow=0
fade_overlap_tolerance=0

[debug]
skip_eula=1
experimental_features=1

[dynamiccompressor]
a0=56806
compressor=1
gain=12
ratio=9
thrs=24703

[feature]
signpost_coloring=1
text_guidance=1

[gps]
port="0"
baud="57600"
delay_after_pos_valid="1000"
delay_after_pos_invalid="1"
disable_advanced="0"
set_messages="0"

[interface]
laneinfo_signpost_enabled=1
signposts_without_laneinfo=1

[map]
show_labels=1
show_oneway=1
textured_poly=1
alternative_roadnames=1

[navigation]
autoreplan_action="AUTO"
gps_pos_to_road=1

[network]
available=1

[poi]
sort_icons=0
use_multi_poi_icon=0
multipoi=1

[route]
auto_enable_crossborder=1
allow_offroad_waypoints=1
has_carpool=0

[sound]
use_method=1
queue_length=200
os_volume=255
sound_volume=255
voice_volume=255
use_os_volume=0
dynamic_volume_type=0
auto_mute=0
voice_muted=0
os_muted=0
sound_muted=0
ding=0
pause_mp3_sooner=1
csv_voice_enabled=1

[sound.announcer]
gps_signal_lost="0"
gps_disconnected="0"

[tmc-http]
enabled=1

[tts]
tts_buffer=43008
announce_exit_directions=3
tts_logics=3
priority="HIGH"
always_say_road_names=3
announce_street_name=1
skip_exit_numbers=1

[warning]
speedcam_enabled=1
speedcam_visualtype=1
speedcam_warning=1
speedcam_soundtype=2
speedcam_maxdistance_from_road=20
speedcam_max_lookahead=500
speedcam_max_angle=45
speedwarn_toltype=1
speedwarn_alt_toltype=1
speedwarn_alt_tolerance=100
speedwarn_tolerance=100
warn_distances="120:500,110:460,100:420,90:380,80:340,70:300,60:26 0,50:220,40:180,30:140,20:100"
approach_beep_distances="50,90,150,250"

5. Save the text file (keeping the name) and place back in the same place that you got it from on the iPhone, Restart iPhone and launch iGO – You will get a message on start up saying that "Cameras are on by default if this is not allowed in your country please click to disable" (or something like that) depending on what device / map you are using I suppose?

*Please note there are no settings in the application itself to switch the cameras on and off and the only time that you will know they are working is when the little camera icons appear when you are near speed cameras.

Enjoy
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core