IGo 9 map stops tracking   

IGo 9 map stops tracking

Postby Nidzdotnet » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:30 pm

G'day all. I have a problem and I can't figure it out. I have Igo 9 CE running on a Clarion VX506AU head unit. The program loads ok and starts tracking in map mode. A few mins later the tracking on the map stops. When i press on the screen it updates to the current position and then will keep going a few more mins and then stops again. It's like the auto-tracking is stopping for some reason. I've tried disabling all 3D opbects and even tried loading a vanilla copy with no POI's or extra things. It still happens. The program is still running because speed camera beeps go off as I move closer to the markers however the tracking of the map stops. Is there anything I can modify in my CFG file to help fix this? Thanks.
Nidzdotnet offline

Re: IGo 9 map stops tracking

Postby chas521 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:19 pm

It sounds like a memory problem. If you try to load too much content when the program is first starting up the program hiccups and the device cannot handle it. Try doing this: 1. Delete the .dems 2. Delete the buildings 3. Reduce or delete the speedcams 4. Delete TTS. 5. Reduce the map area to what you really need.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Nidzdotnet » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:31 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried with nothing but the map and still did the same thing. No POI, No 3D, nothing.. Any other ideas?
Nidzdotnet offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:56 pm

4 months later?? Have you tried with a different version?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core