How to enable GPS-receiver ?   

Postby Ton » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:31 am

Googling around did not fuel my optimism about getting the internal TMC of my Mio Moov Spirit working with iGO. It puzzles me, because the internal TMC of my Navigon works (after an unlock with MioPocket) without any problem with iGO !

Using MioMoov_unlock in stead of MioPocket Lite may be a work around which I have not tested yet. Changing from MioPocket to MioPocket Lite did solve the earlier problem about finding the gps-receiver, but as I said before: what I read via google did not make me very hopefull.

Using PortSplitter as a workaround did not work for me. Perhaps because I do not understand the difference between the two ports related to TMC: TMC_COM and SW_TMC COM1 and because I did not know what baudrate I should use.

My gues is the solution may be found in identifying which TMC drivers need to be activated and after that finding a way to make that happen (through scripting) when iGO starts up.

I'm not a programmer, but it would bring me a step forward if someone could shine some light on my question about the ports (role and baudrate) and about the drivers that are necessary to start the internal TMC.

R/Ton
Ton offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:35 pm

It's worth trying the other unlock as it starts the device as normal then kills the GPS software, Trouble is with Moovs is there is a pre-loader to the main application which is responsible for many device functions which have been replaced in Windows (PC connection being the main one). I've unlocked several Moovs with Mio_moov.zip and never had a problem.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Ton » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:17 pm

It's certainly worth trying, and I will do so.
Another thing I discovered is that the baudrate of the TMC receiver is 11400, while iGO does not seem able to handle that.
Would you know if this could be a show-stopper or that it with portsplitter is possible to set the TMC-port on a baudrate iGO can handle ?
I further would like to know which of the ports I should try in this case, TMC_COM or SW_TMC COM1 ?
R/Ton
Ton offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 pm

As far as i'm aware portsplitter does not change the baud rate, it just redirects the data, as for the port, one will work and one won't, i wouldn't know which one. I'm sure on my mio moov m400 the tmc port is com:4 but it lacks the internal hardware so i can't test it.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:30 pm

I thought that I saw something about the TMC baud being 38400.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Ray11101976 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:43 pm

I've managet to work the GPS receiver and it's sees the satellites but got no satellite information.
Any ID what is the problem?
Here are some pictures.

Last image (Application file path) i've never seen on other 2 din dvd gps devices.

Is this a software problem ? or gps antenna. (have try two different gps ant. already)
Ray11101976 offline

Postby Ton » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:18 pm

As far as I remember from previous version of iGO, the red bars I see indicate that there is no lock yet despite of the presence of satellites.
Detailed information of satellites may be presented if the bars change from red to green and a lock is made.
R/Ton
Ton offline

Postby Ray11101976 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks for your fast reply !!
Thats right! I've read it in the manual. But the thing is even when all the space is fulled with lines they stay red.
For some reason the satellites don't lock. I've used two different gps antenna's standing still with clear sky for two and a half (men) hours
and still same problem.
Ray11101976 offline

Postby nabi » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Just be patient, satellites are found, so your receiver is found, port and baud are found. All you need is a satellite lock. See there is an open view to the sky and give it some time. A first lock can take up to half an hour, sometimes (but rarely) more. 10 to 20 minutes is rule of thumb.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Double check the baud rate as well.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nanocom » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Hello,

This is a way you can try:
Because as i have many freeze problem on the GPS port after a sleep mode of the device with garmin xt, igo, or amigo too, or because i have the original software disturbing the one i want to use after a kill(smart_ce.exe). :think:
You know that all the software are differents and have there "original .exe" name as "igo8.exe", "destinator.exe", "amige.exe", ... and where inside there proper directory.
I simply rename all the originals .exe files in "smart_ce.exe" (because i have a mio moov 580 and it is the original software gps name) and modify all mortscript files .mscr as they call "smart_ce.exe" software in the directory (ie:" \igo8\smart_ce.exe "after rename "igo8.exe" in "smart_ce.exe", or "\amigo\smart_ce.exe" after rename "amigo.exe" in "smart_ce.exe")
I test this and i will work fine now !!!
The GSP will restart fine after a sleep mode. :yahoo:

I test this on a other device like Danew GS140se, the original software is "destinator.exe", and i had nothing modify on the device. I only create good directory on a SDcard and add a mortscript procedure...
I rename all "igo.exe" file, "amigo.exe" file, ... in "destinator.exe"...

Enjoy.

Please, give a come back if you test that i suggest you.
nanocom offline

Postby Ray11101976 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Thanks all for your answers. Still not working but tomorrow I will try to change the Igo8.exe files into the nwdsoftware.exe files.
I choose nwdsoftware because when I do a reset to factory default the GPS File path and Application File path (as shown on the picture) returns to nwdsoftware.exe automatically. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.
Ray11101976 offline

Postby Ray11101976 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:22 pm

I've done the *.exe change. but still not work. waited for more than a hour in clear sky with 3 different GPS antenna's. Find 14 satellites but no lock.
Is the signal to weak? Image
I got the feeling the GPS receiver in my car gps dvd player is defect ?

Best regard,

Raymond
Ray11101976 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Is it possible to hard reset your device? It may be the GPS receiver needs a reboot. Also check the baud rate.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Ray11101976 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:54 pm

I've reset, hard reset the device. No difference. Also reset the receiver. No difference. double triple checked the baud rate.
Nothing. the device just find satellites but don't go to the next fase. (Lock them).
Have send a massage to the supplier but they just say to reset the device, try another antenna ans put it outside the car.
Done that bin there!! Nothing !! I think it's a problem: Or in the hardware (receiver) or in the firmware (Receiver).
Hope they come with a solution tomorrow.
Ray11101976 offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about iGO core