How can I disable the exit button on Igo8.3.2?   

How can I disable the exit button on Igo8.3.2?

Postby Bleep55 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:25 am

I have my current GPS set up so that when I turn it on it loads directly into Igo8.3.2. I am using the standard stock skin and do not want to change it. The problem is that if I use the exit button the unit freezes. I can exit with the external power button but I would like to disable the the program exit button on the lower right hand side of the screen to prevent it from freezing. Can someone provide directions to accomplish this? Thanks
Bleep55 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby xtyler92 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:04 pm

Hmm... well, you could (if you were using the skin) go through the data.zip and delete the line that even shows the "exit" button. However that would mean you would have to just power down the unit with igo8 running. Another option might be to give your device something to exit to. Since I am not sure which device you are using it's hard to say whether or not there would be something it could exit to in the first place....

I read closer and you want to do this with the stock skin.... Hmm... you might be out of luck. I am not sure if the line for the exit button is in the data.zip or not with the stock skin.
xtyler92 offline

Postby Bleep55 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:11 pm

After your response i went back into the data zip file and gave everything another look and could not find anything that made reference to "exit". I found this in the system txt.
[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
shutdown_time=0
defaulttilt3d=7600

I changed
show_exit=1 to
show_exit=0

This removed the the exit button entirely. Somehow I thought that SHOW EXIT was about a freeway off ramp. Anyway it works like I want it to.

This is for an unlock to the Insignia NS-CNV10 that I am working on. So far so good. The only other problem that I have found is that somewhere or some how I lost the "Backlight At Daytime" and "Backlight at Night" adjustments on the Device Settings Screen. I have tried several different releases but they are just not there. I think this may have something to do with the actual unit. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.
Bleep55 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to General Discussions about iGO core