Home and Work favorites in Primo   

Home and Work favorites in Primo

Postby jtrosky » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Was wondering if anyone knew how to get true "Home" and "Work" favorites in Primo, so that they are separate from the rest of the favorites (which are in alphabetical order). In iGo 8, it had "special" favorites for this.

Right now, I'm just putting special characters in front of the favorite names to keep them at the top of the list, (1. Home, 2. Work, for example), but it would be nice if there were a way to have true "Work" and "Home" favorites...

Thanks!
jtrosky offline

Re: Home and Work favorites in Primo

Postby katastrofe » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:44 pm

It's been a while that I used 8.3 but I do remember having seperate icons for it. Could be they were part of the gurjon or dimka Skin I used then.
Skins can be found on [Please Register or Login to download file]
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby jtrosky » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Yeah, it wasn't a function of a skin - it was just built into iGo 8 (there was even a sys.txt entry to tell it home many "special" favorites to configure).

I use the Decent skin in Primo 2.4 (never liked the gurjon or dimka skins) - not willing to change skins just for this. I was kind of hoping that there was a "ux" enhancement that added this functionality. I have seen some skins put special icons on the "Find" page for Home and Work, but I think that was acually built into the skin and not a ux enhancement that I can just "plug into" the Decent skin....

Oh well, just wanted to see if anyone knew of a way... Will continue to do it the way I do now I guess (by putting a special character in front of the favorite name to make it appear it the top of the favorites list).

Thanks.
jtrosky offline

Postby upss » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Dimka has several version of the WinCE skin including several modified versions of the original skin. The 1.7.4 version which is the latest has 4 custom favorites with its own icons.

I have practically tried every Primo 2.4 skin available and in my opinion, the best skin without doubt is the "DimkaWA P174 default NK's". It has all the bells and whistles you may ever want and what's good about it that they are all programmable so if you don't like some of them you simply don't enable them. I recently went on a 800 miles trip and the Primo 2.4 with this skin performed flawlessly!
upss offline

Postby jtrosky » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Yeah, I'm not willing to switch from the Decent skin though... Maybe I'll see if the Dimka skin does this via ux files though and see if I can use them with the Decent skin! :-)

I too have tried sooooo many skins, but have settled on the Decent skin due to it's nice clean look.

Thanks for the info!
jtrosky offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core