GAPI device mismatch iGO Primo   

GAPI device mismatch iGO Primo

Postby Ton » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:33 am

Just installed iGO Primo on my mio moov 500 and it looks great.
Only if I start up, I get the message that my device does not match the one that is selected in a list and asks if I want to choose another device. In the list there is no mio moov 500, so I choose another with the same specs. Then I got the message that there is a gapi device mismatch. If I click further, iGO Primo starts up.
Is there a way to work around this ? For unlocking my mio moov 500 I use MioPocket Lite.
THX/Ton
Ton offline

Postby miomoshe » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:44 am

try just to edit your sys.txt file and remove the type. miomoov will not be in the list because mio stoped working with igo.
miomoshe offline

Postby nabi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:45 am

Strange, I have never seen that message, even when the wrong type is named in sys.txt. Not using iGO and when I am correct, neither in Primo. In standard sys.txt is (AFAIK) "device=AsusR700" or "device=Navon". Even with these lines present, I got no problems.
Maybe you should delete the save folder?
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Ton » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:04 am

The strange thing is a number of mio devices is listed though, with among them the mio moov 310 (untested), CE5.0, 480x272 ! If I select another mio device with CE5.0 and 480x272 it just starts up and performs perfectly, I just want to get rid of the warning and extra proceedings before I can start.
Changing sys.txt into "device=mio C810" or adding (AFAIK) "device=Navon" did not solve the issue.
Do you have a suggestion as to what part of the Save-folder I may delete, as there are may files in there ?
THX/Ton
Ton offline

Postby nabi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:25 am

You can delete the whole save folder but that means all your settings are gone. I never tried just to delete system.ini or any other file.
But really, what is the problem? Set the sys.txt line to device=mio moov 310. As you say then it performs perfectly!

BTW: (AFAIK) means "As Far As I Know" between brackets
And BTW means "By The Way"
;)
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Ton » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Guys,
all your suggestions didn' t work out !
As I start up I get the message 'The selected device doesn't match your device. Choose another ?' If I click ' yes' I can choose a lot of devices from the 'GAPI for HPC's v4.03' - list. Whatever I choose and put that choice in the sys.txt does not prevent to skip this extra proceeding I have to execute before I can enter iGO.
So my guess is iGO can not be tricked to make it think my mio moov 500 is another device by changing the sys.txt !
If so, I have to find out where iGO looks for identifying what kind of device I have, or to get another version of GAPI for HPC's where the mio moov 500 is listed, and find out where to replace the current v4.03 ?
THX/Ton
Ton offline

Postby nabi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:48 pm

The more I read your problem, the more I come to the conclusion your problem is not at all iGO.

So it must be the GAPI emulator. Searching I found a DLL mismatch in Miopocket causes this behavior.

For a possible solution: [Please Register or Login to download file]

Hope this helps
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby xtyler92 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Hmm... LOL, I think you hit it right Nabi. His problem isn't igo at all. His problem probably has nothing to do with sys.txt. I believe you are right that it is probably something else causing the problem.
xtyler92 offline

Postby Ton » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:12 pm

The reason I think it has got something to do with iGO Primo, is that I run on the same device MioMap2008, Destinator9, TomTom7 and Garmin, all without any of the problems I face when I try to run iGO Primo ...
Ton offline

Postby nabi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:38 pm

I can not be, simply because nor iGO nor Primo gives you the choice of device. The advises above, like sys.txt change, only influence how igo co-operates with the device, in matter of power maintenance, backlight, harware buttons, GPSport/baud, ...
This possibility is set up by the crackers, but is sys.txt based. The [device] part is sys.txt does no more than call a sys.txt routine.
Again: Nor igo, nor primo, has a utility build in to ask what device it is on.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Ton » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:39 pm

OK, I installed the Gap v4.04 CAB file on my SD CARD in the MioAutorun/Programs folder where a' GAPI for HPC's'- folder is created, and it supports the Moov 500: it is in the list to choose from.
After starting up it still says that the selected device does not match my device ?!
Do you think I should install Gap v4.04 on my flash drive in the MioAutorun/Programs folder so a 'GAPI for HPC's'- folder is created there instead ?
The only thing I can think of is now is that the mismatch is created because I run MioPocket and iGO Primo completely from my SD Card and on the SD Card no information is stored on the device itself.
Another thing that crossed my mind: what if I remove the GAPI for HPC's folder completely so no questions are being asked for the device any more ?
Ton offline

Postby nabi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Ton,
I do have a problem here. Not with you, but with GAPI, which I don't know at all.
Isn't there a manual? Usually, somehow it must be explained how to install and where to install.I suggest you look in the manual or ask the GAPI builder. (visit the forum)
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby xtyler92 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:05 am

There should be no need for the GAPI at all. I have a feeling if Ton just deleted his "save" folder in igo8 and removed the [device] line from his sys.txt then all would be fine. If there is a problem it is because MioPocket uses GAPI from startup. One option would be to either kill the GAPI (which is not on the device by default, but added by MioPocket) or use a different unlock.

As for the comparison point to the other softwares... that isn't valid since every software is different. So you can't say TomTom works, but Primo gives me this error so it must be Primo. There are a lot of people with Moov's that are not experiencing this problem... which concludes to user error. Just delete the "save" folder and delete the [device] line from your sys.txt before trying to start Primo again. If you get another GAPI error, then go through the processes in MioPocket and delete or stop the GAPI from running. Or, as I mentioned, use another unlock that doesn't come with GAPI.
xtyler92 offline

Postby Ton » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:35 am

Problem solved !
I just removed all files related to 'GAPI for HPC's v4.03' within MioPocket Lite on the SD Card, installed 'GAPI for HPC's v4.04' and after a hard reset I get no message any more that 'the selected device does not match my device' and iGO Primo starts up directly.
Thanks for all the thinking with me, may be other users can benefit from my experience here !
Ton
Ton offline

Postby xtyler92 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:18 pm

Maybe, at least those that use MP or a MP derivative like MP Lite. I never found any reason to include GAPI within the unlock. I think Osprey might have done it just because he could. He tends to gravitate towards adding anything that can be added to a CE environment. It might have also been for some of the games.... I am not 100% sure on that though. Either way, for basic GPS functions it is just one more thing running using memory IMO. On my devices I run every Navi program you can think of and never had a need for any kind of GAPI controller. So you are probably better off without it, well unless one of the games within MP-Lite doesn't work anymore.... hopefully it isn't a game or app you really enjoyed using.
xtyler92 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core