Dead links   

Dead links

Postby nabi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:14 am

It's a well known fact that links to maps, software, tools, ... that are originally only for sale, to the authorities are as a sitting duck. Their intention is to kill all links found and as fast as possible. So you likely now and then are searching for a download and end up finding no working link.
Not our fault.

Here are some tips what to do:

When ever you find a dead link and want to report it (by posting or Pm-ming) follow these guidelines:

First: What link? There are hundreds of them, maybe thousands on navitotal !! BE SPECIFIC !!!!

Second: Who is the uploader? Contact HIM (PM, mail, ICQ, ...), not a random moderator! Not every moderator has all stuff on his computer, ready for upload. The uploader and only he is responsible for his uploads !

Third:
You can make a post but consider that uploaders not always follow up their uploads and that is more true when the uploads are of some age. Then it's better toPM the uploader (when he is still visiting).

Fourth:
[/u] when you are looking for a password, probably - even most certainly - that password is in the post itself. Put on your glasses and read carefully! When it is definitively not - or not working, again look who is the uploader and contact HIM, not a random moderator.

Fifth:
DO NOT REPORT (press the "!" icon)

Finally, consider that every team member is a volunteer, helping our members in his free time.
Uploading takes time and bandwidth. My bandwidth is limited, Some other team members have internet limitations as well. That is why we could use - and we keep repeating this - your help in making mirrors. Please.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about iGO core