Clarion NX702 USA map update   

Clarion NX702 USA map update

Postby NX702U » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:31 am

I have this radio and had installed some map updates over a year ago, but I forgot how I did so. I know the used radio had no SD card when I bought it, and I had to download a card file to get it operating. I'm wanting to update (USA maps & poi) again, and have been reading a number of threads here and elsewhere.

I copied the SD card from the radio, and it has an "RTNavi" directory, which contains a main executable called Mobilenavigator.exe. The icon for it says iGOprimo, so I'm presuming that's the system I'm using.
The file version is 9.6.5.0, the product version is 9.6.5.223767. From what I've read, 223767 is:
Primo 2.0.1. ver. 9.6.5.223767
Released: 24.02.2012
Resolution: 800x480
Device: Clarion NX 602

The sub directories on the card align with iGO sub directories I've read about here, such as content/map, content/poi, etc. I see my /map files are .fbl extensions. My map files have a format such as:
USA_District_of_Columbia_83_NQ_2013.Q2_131004 (most .fbl files seem to have 131004 in them except for a few with 131017)

My poi files have a format such as:
USA_Arizona_NQ_2013.Q2_130723 (all .poi files seem to have 130723 including Canada)

There is also an "extended" file for most of them, such as:
USA_Arizona_NQ_Extended_2013.Q2_130724_(Rich) (all "extended" .poi files seem to have 130724 except for Canada, which has 130828)

I found a number of iGO8 R3 (Navteq) 2015 Q2 maps and poi files, but am not sure they would work. They have the proper extensions and appear to be similar in size to my old files, which are dated 2013.Q2.

Questions:
1) Can I use these as they are by swapping them?
2) Should I swap them and use the old name format for each state?
3) Would it be better to start over with a clean install of Primo 2.01 presuming it has the latest maps/poi or the newer 2.4? 2.01 is working OK as are the rest of the radio functions, so I'd like to avoid using 2.4 from what I've read here.

I may have missed it, but the Primo tutorial section here seems to be aimed at doing things I don't want or need to do.

Thanks for any help.
NX702U offline

Re: Clarion NX702 USA map update

Postby chas521 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:52 pm

1. Yes
2. Name doesn't matter. Only the extension matters.
3. Use whatever version works. They're pretty much the same anyway.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby NX702U » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks. I found my notes from 2014 and saw I needed the files to be iGO8.3 which appear to be the same thing as iGO 8 R3, so I'm D/L the 2015.Q2 files now.

As a follow up after doing some more reading, is there any use for the other extensions such as .fda, .fjw, .fpa, .fsp,.ftr? I see some are called "Primo only", but since I'm apparently running a version of Primo wouldn't they work? My SD card only had .fbl (states & Canada) and .hnr (North America) files on it.

A post here delineated them as follows:
fbl --> Maps
fda --> Driver Alerts (Primo only)
fjv --> junction views
fjw --> newer version of fjv (Primo only)
fpa --> Adress points (house numbers) (Primo only)
fsp --> Smart route (about same as hsp files that go in histspeed folder) historical traffic data in relation to time and day of the week. Therefor the route calculation may differ depending on the time of day (to avoid daily traffic jams) (Primo only)
ftr --> Truck Info
hnr --> predefined calculated routing for 'short', 'fast', 'easy', 'economical' (Primo only)
NX702U offline

Postby NX702U » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:52 am

I got all the files downloaded & placed onto an 8 GB card. It worked great and it now has more features. I've segregated the files via extension & am uploading them to a Google Drive so they can be downloaded more efficiently. I'll post on the main thread once this is complete, they are over 2 GB in size.
NX702U offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core