Can't get past INIT API loading screen   

Can't get past INIT API loading screen

Postby kpro » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:45 am

I have a chinese dvd/gps/touchscreen all in one unit. I believe it is made by roadrover, this is the product page. [Please Register or Login to download file]

It has a MIPS processor rather then an ARM processor, which requires a specific build of iGo 8. Specifically iGo 8.3.2.89704. I found a download link for this version of iGo. It starts, however doesn't get past the loading screen with INIT API bottom right before dumping me back to the main menu.

This is my sys.txt file

[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="800_480"
vga=0
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1

[folders]
app="%SDCARD%/NaviOne"

[rawdisplay]
highres=0
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
class="landscape"
driver="GDI"

[gps]
port="1"
baud="9600"

I am using the licence file "[email protected]" which is located in the licence folder. All other files appear to be in the correct positions. I cannot try any other version of iGo, as I require this specific one which is compiled for the MIPS processor. All other versions of iGo are ARM compiled.

Does anyone know what the problem is?
kpro offline

Postby nabi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:38 am

INIT API is a license problem, as you seem to know, and means your license don't match your build.

You did certainly not downloaded from this site, nor from the crackers site, as they did not crack v8.3.2.89704!. v8.3.2.89704 (may 13 2009) was not cracked and spread by the usual crackers who's work we support.

Question:
Are you sure you downloaded a cracked build? Could it be an official version which cannot run because the original license is linked to the sd card it came with? When the sd is missing (the license searches for the sd card number) the license is not valid.
I am not sure which license(s) work with 89704. And even more, if the licenses cracked by the usual crackers will work on software cracked probably using another method?

Turn to the uploaders for support!

On a side note: I think Sygic should work as well on a MIPS processor
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby kpro » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 am

Hmm I have no idea if this version is a cracked build. It's some obscure version that was quite hard to find. It's from some other GPS site. It doesn't actually contain a licence file in the folder, so i've been trying different ones from other versions 8.3. Guess that was bound to fail. There's nothing in the content file either except a text file "copy_downloaded_content_directories_here.txt" so I also got the respective files and folders from other 8.3 versions.
Would it help if I posted the zip file containing the build?

I have tried Sygic 7.7 which seems to be the only MIPS version I can find. However, the maps for Singapore/Malaysia are a bit old - from 2009. Many updates to raods since then.
kpro offline

Postby nabi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:46 am

kpro wrote:Would it help if I posted the zip file containing the build?

Short answer: no. I don't see how it can possibly help. Stupid question but does it need a license? Maybe it's patched to run without.
Again, turn to that other GPSsite and ask there.

Since you need the Singapore/Malaysia maps, why not ask in the Papago section on this forum if an PPG build would work on MIPS?
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby kpro » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:05 am

The other GPS site is German so I cannot really post anything there. I managed to sign up and download that's all. I don't believe there's instructions on how to use it either. Doesn't start up without the licence files there either. I'll ask about the papago.
kpro offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core