Can't edit dictionary.voice inside voice.zip without corrupt   

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:14 am

Well, here they are.
I took the liberty of including both "meter modified" and not, as described above, and you can just choose what you want. It did not take me very long either way.

The US English voices are fully working...guaranteed. The German ones (I do not speak or read German) will depend on the accuracy and syntax of your translation...are all the words correct, is everything in quotes, etc. I did not test them.

No password for the zip file. Extract on your PC, go to your SD Card or device: {Primo}/content/voice and DELETE what you have, and replace with the ones in the download. The names should match exactly. Do not unzip the individual (voice).zip files, and do not rename them.

[color="#FF0000"]Note to any others:
These are the (voice).zip files only, and will not work by themselves without the full Nuance TTS-Pro package (drivers, folders, other files, etc) available here:
[/color]
:link:
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby fu_zhou » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Thank you so much! I thought there was a correction button in Dimka's skin in case "meters" are being pronounced as "m". But maybe that works only with what you did and mentioned above.

The quotes and everything in the German file (as well as the English one) should be correct as I did some sanity-queries with Access which all resulted "positive".

I'll try the languages in a bit...
fu_zhou offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:05 pm

You're welcome! Hope everything works out well for you.

fu_zhou wrote:I thought there was a correction button in Dimka's skin in case "meters" are being pronounced as "m". But maybe that works only with what you did

Correct. The 'fault' was in one or more of the LUA files in the American voices.
fu_zhou wrote:The quotes and everything in the German file (as well as the English one) should be correct

Hopefully. I have my fingers crossed. I used my own English file (though it looked identical to yours), since I know 'fer darn certain it works without a doubt.
I briefly scanned through your German translation, and saw nothing out of whack, so if it works..Good job on that by you!
With your permission, once you confirm it working, I may keep that file or post it for others where the voices are. Maybe I can get some other translations from other people posted too. It's a lot of work to do that line by line, word by word. I tried a software "translator" once, but the results were comical.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby fu_zhou » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:42 pm

German works - as far as I can tell being in the US, but I don't expect any non-working phrases, to be honest. I simulated navigation in Germany - it works fine.
Feel free to keep it and post it for others.
Would it be interesting to know how it took me two hours only to finish the 728 phrases (actually 264 only had to be edited) in German? The methodology can be used for any other language, too.
fu_zhou offline

Postby zervdim » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Hello,
Before 3 months I made the Greek voice Dimitris, it's a nuance TTS Voice from my mio 575.
I have transformed it to TTS Pro , add sth to voice file and also add from the post of Yurbuh Tuggly the dictionary voice.

When I have fixied my own Greek voice Dimitris, I had some issues:
In default Skin and in Gurion Skin the TTS Pro dosen't announced right the speed limit, I listen something like chiniese. I have fixed this problem doing the following to my lang file Greek_lang.zip:

In order to listen right the speed limit I have already made the following changes to lang.zip files:
Km/h="Kilometers per hour"
miles/h="miles per hour"

to

Km/h="Kilometers"
miles/h="miles"

Further more in order to listen the announced for Speedcameras and for Driver Alerts ( those I had put to Primo/content/speedcam) I found that in order to listen them right :
I add the following to my sys.txt
[warning]
speedlimit_warning_visual=1
speedcam_warning=1
is_spoken=1
speedcam_max_lookahead=2000
speedcam_maxdistance_from_road=10

[speedcam_category:0]
activated_spoken_type=speech
activated_speech="Caution speed camera ahead"
;overspeed_spoken_type=1
warn_distances="150:2000,140:1800,130:1500,120:1400,110:1300,100:1200,90:1100,80:1000,60:700,50:600,40:500"

[speedcam_category:1]
activated_speech="Caution mobile speed camera ahead"
;overspeed_spoken_type=1
warn_distances="150:2000,140:1800,130:1500,120:1400,110:1300,100:1200,90:1100,80:1000,60:700,50:600,40:500"

[speedcam_category:2]
activated_speech="Caution traffic light camera"
;overspeed_spoken_type=1
warn_distances="110:1000,90:900,60:700,50:500,40:200,20:100"

[speedcam_category:3]
activated_speech="Caution average speed camera ahead"
;overspeed_spoken_type=1

[speedcam_category:4]
activated_speech="Caution traffic light ahead"
;overspeed_spoken_type=1
warn_distances="110:1000,90:900,60:700,20:500"

[speedcam_category:7]
activated_speech="Caution bus lane camera ahead"
;overspeed_spoken_type=1
warn_distances="110:1000,90:900,60:700,20:500"

[speedcam_category:8]
activated_speech="Caution dangerous railway crossing"
;overspeed_spoken_type=1
warn_distances="0:500"

and I add the following to the dictionary.voice file:
Caution speed camera ahead="Προσοχή, κάμερα ταχύτητας μπροστά σας"
Caution mobile speed camera ahead="Προσοχή, φορητό ραντάρ τροχαίας"
Caution traffic light camera="Προσοχή, κάμερα σηματοδότη και κάμερα ταχύτητας"
Caution average speed camera ahead="Προσοχή, κάμερα μέσης ταχύτητας"
Caution traffic light ahead="Προσοχή, φανάρι εθνικής οδού"
Caution bus lane camera ahead="Προσοχή, κάμερα λωρίδας λεωφορείων"
Caution dangerous railway crossing="Προσοχή, επικίνδυνη διασταύρωση τρένου"

Only in this way I had the right announced for the speedcameras and for Proximate alerts.

Thanks in advance.
zervdim offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby fu_zhou » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Working with the German TTS Voice, I found out that, when driving in Germany, it says: "turn left onto B27th" while it says "turn left onto B312", which would be correct (not the numbers, but without "th").
If I use the US English TTS voice it is always correctly saying "B27" or "B312", without "th". Does anybody have a clue what to modify inside the German TTS voice.zip to make her say "B27" instead of "B27th"? It seems that this "th" adder happens on numbers below 100.

Thanks in advance!
fu_zhou offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:58 pm

fu_zhou wrote:Working with the German TTS Voice, I found out that, when driving in Germany, it says: "turn left onto B27th" while it says "turn left onto B312", which would be correct (not the numbers, but without "th").
If I use the US English TTS voice it is always correctly saying "B27" or "B312", without "th". Does anybody have a clue what to modify inside the German TTS voice.zip to make her say "B27" instead of "B27th"? It seems that this "th" adder happens on numbers below 100.

Thanks in advance!

Just asking. Are you Amish?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby galonet » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly,
I have a similar problem detected by our friends here.

Using primo 2.0 and dimka 1.5.2 with tts voice with the latest dictionary.voice translated it still says "km/h" (not "kilometers per hour") when overspeeding the road limit only. I have revised the dictionary and it is correct! How can I fix this? You have posted there is some bug with the LUA files in american tts voices. Was this fixed? How? Could you tell me about this bug?

However it says correctly "kilometers per hour" in all other alerts, I mean for "alert points", when the road speed limit rises it says correctly "you can increase the speed, the speed limit is xx kilometers per hou"

Thanks in advance.
galonet offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:02 pm

The 'bug' (not really a bug, just a regional difference) was only with speedcams. The US voices would say "In 500 m, speed camera, 50 kilometers per hour". I modified the LUA files (borrowing from the UK English voices), to make it say Meters instead of 'M'. But this has/had no affect on the overspeed phrase. For that, with the diMka skin, you can try to enable the "[color="#FF0000"]Correction of distance units for TTSPro[/color]" to see if it solves your issue.
Go to Settings->Sound and Warnings->TTS Pro--scroll one screen, and tap the check [color="#FF0000"]for the above[/color]. Then tap the arrow to hear a sample. If it now sounds correct, leave it enabled, go for a drive, exceed the speed limit according to your tolerance settings, and see how it goes.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby galonet » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly,
I have enabled correction of speed units and distance units too. The sample speech is correct, but still, when on the road, for that particular warning, I mean the overspeed wich says in dictionary.voice "The speed limit is %s!="The speed limit is %s! Slow down."" it speaks "km/h" not kilometers per hour.

Is this another skin bug?
galonet offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:29 pm

galonet wrote:correction of speed units

Try it without that one.
I use the same skin, same dictionary.voice in all my voice files, and I don't have that issue. So it is unlikely to be a Skin Bug.
The only difference (that I know of--I obviously cannot see your settings) is that my "Correction of speed units" is not enabled.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby galonet » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Disabling the correction of speed leaves all alerts with "km/h"!

Could it be a map bug?

Is it related to the way the skin handles "kph" and "km/h" units?
galonet offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 am

That, I don't know. I use Europe NT maps (Q3 2011) and, as I said, I don't have any issues with vocal speed announcements.
I wish I had a definitive answer for you, but I don't.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:29 am

The UK voice files say miles per hour on all alerts, you do need to have both correction options enabled otherwise it says muph and yid instead of mites per hour and yards.

May be worth comparing them...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:43 am

Fatboyfun wrote:The UK voice files say miles per hour on all alerts

That must be a map thing. I use the UK voices (Daniel, at the moment) and he happily says 'kilometers' on all announcements.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussions about iGO core