Unable to unlock City Navigator North America 2011   

Unable to unlock City Navigator North America 2011

Postby Delta » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:41 am

I installed City Navigator North America 2011, generated the codes from the JetMouse 1.5 KG, put them in - but the maps are still locked.

Garmin takes them, and they appear on the list - they just don't seem to do anything.

Help?
Delta offline

Postby Sirr » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 am

You need mapsource 6.15.11
Gruß Sirr
Schon Morgen ist das Heute Gestern
Sirr offline

Postby Delta » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:20 am

That *is* the version I'm using. I didn't change the installation. The default installation uses MapSource 6.15.11, so that's what I have.
Delta offline

Postby Black Wolf » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:02 am

Use garmin unlocker from section software.
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby Delta » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:40 pm

I've tried. As soon as I run it, it says "press any key to exit". It's not doing anything. I think I remember at one point reading that garminunlocker requires IMG files, and can't work on GMP files - maybe that's the problem, I don't know.

But the KG should work - I don't know why it isn't.

Does the unlocker expect a certain path structure? Maybe that's the problem. The app itself is on another drive, and the maps are in C:\ProgramData\Garmin. Do I need to move stuff around for it to work?

Just a thought.

I just tried upgrading to 6.16.2, then replacing with the special cracked exe. Now, instead of the map still showing as "Locked" when I put in a code, it says "Unauthenticated". The maps are still locked, but the status is now showing something new. Does that help?
Delta offline

Postby Titleist » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:28 pm

The legitimate owner of a new Garmin map with a mapid >= 2200 also receives a GMA-file with a digital certificate when connected to the users myGarmin account.
MapSource v6.14.x to v 6.15.7 doesn't check for the GMA file. If you use a newer MapSource >= v6.15.9 you will need a special patched version. Using MapSource v6.16.2 Special Patched should work if you used it correctly.
The characteristics for a unlocked map without a GMA-file is the status "unauthorized".

Another way is to remove the locking system completely. That is however a procedure that requires conversion from GMP to IMG map files (MapReverseConverter) and then using the unlocker.
Titleist offline

Postby Delta » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Titleist wrote:
The legitimate owner of a new Garmin map with a mapid >= 2200 also receives a GMA-file with a digital certificate when connected to the users myGarmin account.
MapSource v6.14.x to v 6.15.7 doesn't check for the GMA file. If you use a newer MapSource >= v6.15.9 you will need a special patched version. Using MapSource v6.16.2 Special Patched should work if you used it correctly.
The characteristics for a unlocked map without a GMA-file is the status "unauthorized".

Well, when I used the original installed version (6.15.11), it wouldn't accept the KG codes anyway. After upgrading, I did replace the exe with the special patched version, but it's still not working.

Titleist wrote:
Another way is to remove the locking system completely. That is however a procedure that requires conversion from GMP to IMG map files (MapReverseConverter) and then using the unlocker.

After you posted this, I decided to give that a try as well. So, I used MapReverseConverter, and I ended up with a second directory of IMG map files. I used Unlocker on them. But the problem now is that I can't get MapSource to recognize that they exist.

I tried removing the original map directory, and putting the new one in it's place (the name is slightly different, since it doesn't end in ".gmap"). I tried putting the new map directory under the MapSource directory (which is not on C:).

So far, nothing. Am I missing a step here in going this route?
Delta offline

Postby Black Wolf » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:15 am

download unlocked image here in map section, and avoid all that complications ;) , on this way is very dificult to explain you what you have to do, sometimes is necessary if mapsource doesn't see mapset, to edit registry, or some another modifications, etc. but like i told, it's more dificult with writing to help you, more easier is to have access to that machine and to solve that... But simplier is download unlocked image of NA and drive ;)
I'm all what I'm not!

Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby Delta » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:41 pm

I've been trying to. Either there's a problem with that file, or with MegaUpload in general, because for the last couple of days, I haven't been able to get more than about 21 MB, before the download freezes and I have to cancel and try again.

In the meantime, is there a guide or any instructions on how to get the new unlocked IMG maps folder to be recognized by MapSource?
Delta offline

Postby Black Wolf » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Really i don't have that kind installation to try it, ask uploader....

you can download here unlocked image

[spoiler]unl img] [CODE]http://rapidshare.com/files/391977728/Garmin.CN.NA.2011.1.part01.rar
[Please Register or Login to download file]
I'm all what I'm not!

Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby a-rider » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:53 pm

sucro wrote:Really i don't have that kind installation to try it, ask uploader....

you can download here unlocked image

[spoiler]unl img] [CODE]http://rapidshare.com/files/391977728/Garmin.CN.NA.2011.1.part01.rar
[Please Register or Login to download file] ... part02.rar

I downloaded those two files unfortunately they are encrypted and locked with a password????
a-rider offline

Postby PiEtU » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Delta wrote:I installed City Navigator North America 2011, generated the codes from the JetMouse 1.5 KG, put them in - but the maps are still locked.

Garmin takes them, and they appear on the list - they just don't seem to do anything.

Help?

why you not use mapsource special edition then unlock region work in mapsource (after you unlock region restart mapsource)

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1796-Mapsource-v6.16.2-Special-%28Patched%29

install first official installer and then replace EXE file

OR use only mapsource special if you not need language files for it
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby PiEtU » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Unlocked image:

NO PASSWORDS
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Delta » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Okay, I finally figured out part of the problem, and this issue is effectively resolved.

The initial unmodified setup, I still don't know why the KG didn't work.

However, after installing MapSource 6.16.2, and overwriting the EXE with the special patched version - that *does* work with the KG.

The problem is that when you install the MapSource update, it does not update the original MapSource app folder - it creates a new folder next to it with the new version of MapSource. The problem was that I was going to the original folder and replacing that EXE, instead of the newly created app folder.

I don't know what Garmin was thinking, doing things this way. But at least I now understand what happened (in part) and how to fix it.

Thanks, everyone!
Delta offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin