Problems updatin new map Garmin Nuvi 250 ( Solved )   

Problems updatin new map Garmin Nuvi 250 ( Solved )

Postby wap123 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:33 pm

I have a map downloaded from a torrent named´ Garmin City Navigator Europe NT 2016.10 ´.
For this i downloaded also the D3084160A.JCV.
I replaced this files ( gmapsupp1.img and the old Jcv ) with this new ones on my 8 GB SD card.

First, when i open my garmin nuvi tot check the map in mapoptions, i dont see the new map there.
Second, i dont see streets on the map, it looks just like a blank map with no roads on it.
So i replaced the old 2014 map and the old Jcv file back and the garmin nuvi works good again.

What im i doing wrong here?
Do i need more files or can i format the 8 GB card and after that placing the map and Jcv on it?
Last edited by wap123 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap123 offline

Re: Problems updatin new map Garmin Nuvi 250

Postby kolokythas » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Nothing wrong! First of all the latest Europe map is City Navigator NT 2017.10 it exist on our site too!
I don't know what kind of map you downloaded but most probably your device does not support big files.
If you check on the Garmin site on this map product you will see that your device is not supported anymore!
So you have to split the file in a smaller size.
kolokythas offline

Postby wap123 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Thnx, i know that some garmin nuvs cant handle files bigger then 2 GB but the old 2014 Europe card is almost even big like the new 2016 map i downloaded,
that is around 3.2 GB large . The 2014 card with an size of 3.2 GB works perfect without problems.
The new map is the Garmin City Navigator Europe NT 2016.10 and the old one is Garmin City Navigator Europe NT 2014.30.

I also just saw an video where someone is format an sd card,
make a map called ´Garmin´ on the computer where he placed the new map image in and renamed the map image to ´gmapsupp.img´.
This new ´Garmin´ map with the image in it he copied to the formatted sd card.
After that he took out the sd card from his pc and inserted it to the Garmin Nuvi and it works as he said.
Is this method ok? I thought that every map needs an specific Jcv file.
wap123 offline

Postby kolokythas » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:52 pm

This is the way you just copy on a SD \Garmin directory the new map on name gmapsupp.img and under a \JCV directory the JCV file should be the same pair of map. A map could work with a different JCV just the Junctions will not appear.
So maybe the map that you tried could be locked one! Why you don't give a try with the new 2017.10 NT? unlocked one?
kolokythas offline

Postby wap123 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Thnx, i would try the 2017.10 but i cant find an 1 link download on this forum?
Only 6 parts with limitations in downloading........
Im not sure if this new map i downloaded is unlocked or not, it was an torrent file.
I shall check it out with another downloaded map to see if that works.

Thnx for the advice,
greets wap123
wap123 offline

Postby wap123 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:37 pm

I got it working :) :) :) (happy ) :033:

What i did was downloading an new map ´Garmin City Navigator Europe NT 2016.10 ´ which is unlocked i now know 4 sure.
This image i renamed to ´gmapsupp.img ´.
I made a new map on my pc called ´Garmin´ , in this map i placed the ´gmapsupp.img´ .
I formatted the SD card from the garmin nuvi250 on my pc.
Now i copied the map´ garmin ´ with the gmapsupp.img on my pc to the SD card.
I putted back the SD card in my Garmin Nuvi250 and it readed the new map with no problems :)
Voices, streetnames, everything is working fine now.

Interesting fact is that the cardreader on my pc was defect so i just putted the card in my samsung phone and formatted the card via the menu in the phone it self.
After that i connected the phone with the card in it with an usb cable to my pc and i had to remove only 1 file on the card so that is was empty.
Then i copied the garmin map with the gmapsupp in it from my pc to the SD card in the phone.
After that i took out the SD card of the phone and putted it in the garmin nuvi250.
Its a different way but it worked for me , normally it took 2 hours to copy an image from pc to the garmin and with the above method only 10 minutes.

Thnx for the advices! :023:
I hope i can download the NT 2017 map in the next days and use that version.
For now above method i described worked perfect for this device :033: :023:

edit:
Just got the 2017.10 downloaded + copied on SD card and it works perfect.
wap123 offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin