Please, a working Garmin XT for SKU.37914   

Please, a working Garmin XT for SKU.37914

Postby IgorNik. » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Everything I found here and from other forums just did not do the job right...

I managed to start the app, it runs good, but it just crashes unexpected, sometimes I try to navigate, sometimes on the 'where am i' option etc...

Also, those scripts provided do not work correctly as well...
- I just couldn't mannage to save the settings, i think that the script does not close the application propertly/compeltely (?) as I was able to find out that the Show taskbar command in the script does not apply, so the taskbar remains hidden... *i close the application from whitin, giving the time to write/rewrite the settings, - no positive results...
- also, henever I close the Garmin XT, it can not be run again, until the soft reset...

Maybe I need to flash the device?! I need an advice..

Please help, I need a fast responce..

Thanks in advance,

Igor.
IgorNik. offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby IgorNik. » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:34 pm

I found a solution for the settings saving...

after changing the settings and exitting the Garmin application, you have to go to Garmin folder in root of the device, copy the content, and paste/overwrite to the SETTINGS folder in RUNGMXT folder on SDMMC.. works for me..

BUT, i still do not have a solution for the crashings....

HELP!
IgorNik. offline

Postby Black Wolf » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:06 pm

First of all when you ask about some solution , try other to help you writing more details!!! The most important thing you didn't write, what about device you talk and what's os on it !?
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby IgorNik. » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:33 pm

aait..

It's a chinese GPS, YF06 500MHz CPU.. 6'', 800x480... Win CE 6.0, bought from [Please Register or Login to download file] (SKU. 37914) to be exact (as I already mentioned..) -- I have to mention that this version of WinCE6 is completely empty! can not even expand Control Panel, and does not save the shortcuts I put on desktop... (??!!)
It has a built in iGO 8, but maps are not available for the region I need (0.0% coverage on the official site - Eastern Europe - Macedonia at first, then (a little bit more covered) ALB, SRB, MNE, BiH, CRO, BUL etc...)

Everything I found on the net just does not do the job propertly.. It seems to me as the script u have to use to start the Garmin app is not working correctly..

For now, my solution is:
After exiting the garmin app. I go to the root of the device, copy the new settings writen to GARMIN folder, and paste them to a folder SETTINGS located in RUNGMXT folder on SDMMC... but, this is kinda borring, and useless for anyone else who does not how to do this, so the GPS unit can only be used by ME :)

Also, it crashes unexpected on a random point, sometimes on WHERE AM I option, sometimes during navigating... etc..

I use v5.00.2w (do not remember where is it from because I downloaded more than 15 different versions :))

Pozdrav! ;)
IgorNik. offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:22 am

I have similar problems on a 7" Chinanav.
Windows is limited but usable and all programs I tried so far work fine, even OZI CE2.33a.
But when I try to use Garmin randomly the program crashes and after about a minute I an error message on the screen :
Garmin Mobile XT
Error: Assert failed at CDP_StaticListField.cpp : 646
in Garmin Mobile XT with error 0

It is slightly limited Windows CE5.0 installed and the screen resolution is 800x480
Sirf Atlas III, 128Mb Ram, 2GB Flash
If I check with dependeny Walker all DLL files are on the system or inside the Gamin folder from the archive.
No difference if I use the portsplitter but as I don't need it the port splitter is set to off.
There is not much info onthat error on the net at all and I just can't figure out what is causing this problem.
But it seems to be a general problem of this version when running on uncomplete CE systems.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby ncbeng » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:48 am

Hi IgorNik,
As i know, there's 2 version of Garmin available for PND which are
- v5.00.30w ASN &
- v5.00.20wp
For mine,, both can launch in my China PND,, but the big problem is "ultra" slow lagging on the graphic,, making it
totally not usable.
ncbeng offline

Postby mertaroid » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi, I have the same unit and observe the same behaviour. Looking at other forums, looks like it could be resolution issue, but i havent found a solution for it yet.
mertaroid offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin