Nuvi 65LM   

Nuvi 65LM

Postby franktony » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:54 am

I have a new 2014 garmin nuvi 65LM with US maps (Lower 49) with the new encrypted file base. I am now able to see the ".system" folder, so no issues there.

However, I\m trying to switch from Lower 49 US to a North America 2015.30 map but it doesn't seem to work when I try to replace the map file on the unit itself (not via SD card)....

I updated the old nuvis without issues but I not sure on the process for this new nuvi, especially switching from US only maps to NA maps . I also saw & tried Bam-Bam's tool for 2014 encrypted files but not sure if that worked. I'm also not sure which JCV and SID files to use with the 2015.30 update. Can you help me?

Thanks
Frank
franktony offline

Re: Nuvi 65LM

Postby debeliamark » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:50 am

Will not work ... these new Nuvi-es can accept ONLY legaly purchesed maps ...
debeliamark offline

Re: Nuvi 65LM

Postby franktony » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:53 pm

Just a quick update... I was able to overcome the 65lm protection and change the maps from 49 states to north America. :033:

The interesting thing is that when I tried to use the microSD slot to insert a card with the map loaded onto it, it didn't work. I had to put the map on the Garmin's internal drive for it to work. So now it has the latest North America maps instead of the lower 49 states

Thanks for the great posts on this forum without which I would not have been able to figure it out :023:
franktony offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin