[Problem] Nuvi 205   

[Problem] Nuvi 205

Postby Elvy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:41 am

I bought a Nuvi 205 in 2009 from Target and it had 2009 maps on it. I never registered it though. A few months ago I could no longer use it anymore because it wanted me to go online and buy the update. Well I downloaded the unlocked American 2011 map and replaced the file on the GPS. I no longer get a message saying I need to update it, but I can not click on anything. The touch screen seems to not be working correctly. The only thing I can touch is the help button on the top left hand corner of the screen. Everything else will not work. Just wondering if there is a certain file that got corrupted or a way to fix this problem?
Elvy offline

Postby colint » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:45 pm

You could try a system reset. This usually involves having you finger in a corner of the GPS while turning it on. Try the right hand side bottom and see how you go.

The nuvi screens are made up of two panels. One is the touch screen and the second is the LCD screen. It can happen that the touch screen panel can fail but you can still see the LCD screen. I don't think this is the case with your GPS as you say that it still responds to the help button.

You could also do a system update via the webupdater service from Garmin.

Regards

Col
(aka VK2CRT)

Sydney Australia
colint offline

Postby Elvy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:46 am

I failed to mention that when I click other places besides the help button it goes to help. Like if I click on back, it will go to help instead. I also updated the software from Garmin's website and it is still doing the same thing. I looked at the user's manual and it said hold the top left corner for screen for calibration. When it pops up, I click on all the dots in every corner but it just goes on forever. They all work though. But I can't get the reset screen to come up by holding the bottom right.
Elvy offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin