Nuvi 200   

Nuvi 200

Postby kimbo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi

I need some help please, i bought a Nuvi 200 from a local auction site. I updated the maps and all seemed well, but as soon as i plug the car charger in the GPS reboots for no reason after about ten minutes.
Can i delete the software on the Nuvi and reinstall like TomTom or is there some other fix?

Edit: it is the original Garmin car charger
kimbo offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:48 pm

First of all - you can't install other software on a Garmin device.
I also don't think that it is a software issue. If, nevertheless you can simply solve it by using Garmin WebUpdater for firmware update. But for my opinion, it seems to be a contact error on the charger plug.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kimbo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Tx For the reply

No Not other software, just delete the files one the Nuvi drive and run WebUpdater to reinstall the software. I am trying now to get another charger to see what that do
kimbo offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Deleting the files on the visible part of your device won't solve your problem and those files will not all be restored by WebUpdater. Run Webupdater and then make a Hardreset of your device to clear all cached data.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kimbo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Just an update: The charger was at fault, i got a diffrent one and all is good now. Tx for the help
kimbo offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin