How to Garmin on Windows CE device - auto startup   

How to Garmin on Windows CE device - auto startup

Postby toni666 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Hello to everyone! Please Help

Let's say I buy a Chinese device which runs Windows CE 5.0-6.0..
Most of these devices is multifunctional (GPS, MP3 player, MP4 player, e-Book reader, games) and has its own interface. Also this devices run iGo, TomTom, Route66... but not GARMIN!!!

My Question is: 1. How to install Garmin on such a device???
I know we need to use CeRegEdit to get Windows environment..

2. What to do so Garmin automatically BOOT UP when we turn on the device?
I think on something similar to this: [Please Register or Login to download file]

It woul be great whan someone would make some kind of NEEDED STEPS.
toni666 offline

Postby Black Wolf » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:25 pm

First of all, check what OS is on your device !?

Garmin doesn't offer oficially release for win ce devices, you can use just modified garmin xt mobile version adapted to run on garmin win ce devices by karagiosis, there isn't guarantee that will run on all win ce devices, it's dependent of device and his os, problem with missing dlls files , etc..

Read in section software, and find there garmin xt for win ce devices, and try to run it on your device.. Use button search, before you ask questions on which you can find answer using search button!

you don't have to use ce reg editor etc. you can use some of universal unlocks, created by xtyler92, and run it on your device, and with that unlock to run garmin xt for win ce from sd card.

I don't know structure of files on your device, to give you some help about ti, do you have some initialization file, like shell.ini on root of SD Card? If you have shell.ini you can change it to run garmin xt for win ce, instead igo8 , etc. or you can check do you have some icon on interface of your device like "GPS PATH" where you can change what gps software will run after rebooting...

Nobody will write you "needed steps", if you don't give us more details, and help us, to help you ;) !
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby toni666 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:18 am

Hello,

OS is Windows CE 5.0. I installed Garmin on this device and it works without problems.
But how to achieve that when i turn on device Garmin automatically boot up?
toni666 offline

Postby Black Wolf » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 am

Great, that's dependent of device, all chinese gps devices aren't same to give you some general solution :) ! Like i told you, look at your device for some .ini file where probably is command for autorun gps software, look at files on root of your devices, internal memory or sd card, i don't know where is located that file, like i told we can't know every chinese gps device :).

Make some screen shots of your sd card content or internal memory, and post here, dependent where are located important files for starting interface of your device. Please read what i wrote in post above, give us more details !!!
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Return to General Discussions about Garmin