GPS 18 Mapsource City Select   

GPS 18 Mapsource City Select

Postby lampmrr » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Hello Folks
Wondering if I may get some advise or assisance, I have a laptop running Vista, I've been using a GPS 18 connected to our laptop and the programs are Nroute, City Select North America V6 & V7 and mapsource. I know to most it is an antique but it has been very good since 2005. We are noticing alot of roads etc have changed and wondering are there new maps or can we upgrade system ?? I'm told mapsource and city select are no longer available ..
Any help ??
lampmrr offline

Re: GPS 18 Mapsource City Select

Postby p!xeldealer » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:48 pm

With nRoute you can use the current City Navigator NT maps in classic MapSource format. Therefore it is necessary to convert a gmap version with JaVaWa MapReverseConverter into the old format. This conversion is possible without loosing any data.
Note: if you want to use the European map, don't take the Unicode version - only "normal" NT version supported!
You also can try [Please Register or Login to download file] . Some of them are available in classic MapSource format - so you needn't convert them.

Another possibility to use Garmin navigation with a Windows laptop, but also outdated, is Garmin MobilePC. With MobilePC you can use current map images up to a size of 2 GB.
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Re: GPS 18 Mapsource City Select

Postby lampmrr » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:59 pm

Thanks p!xeldealer ....we do enjoy using the GPS 18 & laptop in our motorhome so I'll start looking and trying to convert..maybe ..lol
In a discussion with a trucker he suggested changing over to MS trips & streets etc ..said it's better ??
lampmrr offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin