Garmin Zumo 550   

Garmin Zumo 550

Postby ufohas » Tue May 03, 2016 7:18 am

Hi all, I have a problem with this navigation is the latest firmware 5.00 can what cards micro SDHC, I need a card micro SDHC Kingston 8GB class 4 - upload 2-3 Maps(Europe, Russia etc.), card is formatted fat32, but in navigation appears only one map of Europe.

Other maps navigation both normal loads - you do not know where the problem could be.

Very Thanks.
ufotr
ufohas offline

Re: Garmin Zumo 550

Postby kolokythas » Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 am

ufohas wrote:Hi all, I have a problem with this navigation is the latest firmware 5.00 can what cards micro SDHC, I need a card micro SDHC Kingston 8GB class 4 - upload 2-3 Maps(Europe, Russia etc.), card is formatted fat32, but in navigation appears only one map of Europe.

Other maps navigation both normal loads - you do not know where the problem could be.

Very Thanks.
ufotr

Sorry but is not clear what you say! Tell us what files you have in which directories etc.
You may use not correct file names or your maps do not be all unlocked!
kolokythas offline

Postby ufohas » Tue May 03, 2016 9:20 pm

Greet, ok - 8GB the card still behaving like 4GB(Mapinstall, GarminExpress in Windows 10), trying to load map of Europe and Russia, the map will appear in the menu only if it is renamed gmapsupp.img and will only show 1.
Other name maps does not work (gmapsup1.img,gmapsupp1.img etc.)
I still have a problem with displaying characters, maps Russia - City Navigator Russia NT 2017.10 - Navicom, when you select any language navigation (Garmin satnav keyboard/language to the Cyrillic alphabet).

Pleas help
thanks
ufohas offline

Postby kolokythas » Wed May 04, 2016 8:04 am

ufohas wrote:Greet, ok - 8GB the card still behaving like 4GB(Mapinstall, GarminExpress in Windows 10), trying to load map of Europe and Russia, the map will appear in the menu only if it is renamed gmapsupp.img and will only show 1.
I still have a problem with displaying characters, maps Russia - City Navigator Russia NT 2017.10 - Navicom, when you select any language navigation (Garmin satnav keyboard/language to the Cyrillic alphabet).

Pleas help
thanks

Could you please try to create a .\map directory on SD card and copy there the rest of the maps at any name !
Also are you sure that the maps are unlocked? Check also the firmware that you have to be the last one available!
kolokythas offline

Postby ufohas » Wed May 04, 2016 3:36 pm

kolokythas wrote:
ufohas wrote:Greet, ok - 8GB the card still behaving like 4GB(Mapinstall, GarminExpress in Windows 10), trying to load map of Europe and Russia, the map will appear in the menu only if it is renamed gmapsupp.img and will only show 1.

Pleas help
thanks

Could you please try to create a .\map directory on SD card and copy there the rest of the maps at any name !
Also are you sure that the maps are unlocked? Check also the firmware that you have to be the last one available!

Navigation is an accurate label Garmin Zumo 500, ATL
Tested everything and really guide the folder, but still reads only one map, which is named gmapsupp.img - it is strange :022:
Maps are unlocked definitely - operate in Garmin Zumo 220.
Maps of Russia is okay, I got 2016 in the Latin alphabet.
Firmware is the latest 5.00 and many times checked and nothing.

It seems that the navigation can not larger than 4Gb card and even more maps on the card :022:
ufohas offline

Postby ufohas » Thu May 05, 2016 10:34 pm

I finally solved it, I teamed map of Europe and Russia in a single map in the program GmapTool, and named after gmapsupp.img, I installed card 8GB Kingston micro SDHC and maps are loaded to the navigation and search can also choose.
ufohas offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin